|Job Ref:||204544281||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Cambridge||Address:||Post Code:||CB1||Salary:||£257/week||Post Date:||18/10/2016 14:20|
This is a fantastic opportunity for an ambitious individual to join an exciting and vibrant company. Apply now and don't delay!|
You will be working for...
A global leader in two-way communication solutions covering radio terminals, systems and applications. These end-to-end solutions enable public safety organisations and users in commercial sectors - including transport, utilities, oil and gas, manufacturing, mining, hospitality and construction - to address the communications challenges they face on a daily basis. A market leader in over 30 countries, the company is trusted by globally recognised entities such as FIFA, CERN, Disney, Audi and Shell, as well as some of the world's most prestigious public safety organisations.
Be part of QA's 10k in Tech and add yourself to the UK's tech explosion!
In this job you will be...
- Providing face to face, telephone, email and call system support for employees needing help with IT issues
- Performing software and hardware configuration repairs/modifications including the installation and configuration of desktop and laptop systems
- Refering more complex repairs or reconfigurations to the appropriate IT Team member
- Providing assistance with project work when planned or requested
Your training will...
Are you a bit of a problem-solver? Eager to take your technology knowledge to the next level?
Our training programme is designed to provide you with real-world skills using the most recent IT Technologies to transform you into a highly-skilled IT Apprentice (all debt free!)Our apprenticeships blends on-the-job experience, face-to-face workshops and online learning which will teach you a range of new skills including:
- Networking and Architecture
- Mobile and Operating System
- Cloud Services
- Coding and Logic
- Business Process
Apprenticeships and Vendor qualifications L3
Advanced Apprenticeship Infrastructure Technician Level 3 (equivalent to A- level educational level), MTA Networking Fundamentals, MTA Mobility and Devices Fundamentals, MTA Cloud Fundamentals, One Microsoft MOC on demanded course
- New skills including:
- Networking Principles
- Network Systems and Architecture
- Installing and Configuring Windows Server 2012
- Technical Security Fundamentals
- Threats and Vulnerabilities
Apprenticeships and Vendor qualifications L4
Higher Apprenticeships Network Engineer Level 4 (equivalent to first year of degree study), Microsoft Certified Professional - Installing and Configuring Windows Server 2012 R2, One Microsoft MOC on demanded course
24 - 28 month Higher IT apprenticeship (with opportunity to step off after 12-15 months if you find that the training/role isn't for you)
Who should apply...
- Someone with excellent record of academic achievement in a suitable field
- Someone with good verbal and written communication skills
- Someone with the willingness to take initiative and ownership
- Someone who is customer focused - both internal and external
- Someone who is a team player who promotes the team spirit -essential for project teams with demanding targets
- Someone who is motivated by producing quality work within planned timescales
- Someone with a flexible approach with a 'whatever it takes' attitude
- Someone with ideally 5 GCSE Grades (C and above) or equivalent, including Maths and English
What happens when I finish my apprenticeship...
Successful apprentices will have the opportunity to develop they career on the Help-Desk as an IT Support Engineer and support for continued learning and training.
QA's apprenticeship programmes are part-funded by ESF. The ESF is Europe's main instrument for supporting jobs, helping people get better jobs and ensuringfairer job opportunities for all EU citizens.
It only takes a minute to apply for an IT apprenticeship with QA and begin your IT career with great prospects today.
For more information about QA Apprenticeships, please visit our website. Note: This advert may close early if a suitable candidate is found before the advertised close date is reached