|Job Ref:||204544268||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Wirral||Address:||Post Code:||CH49||Salary:||£159/week||Post Date:||10/10/2016 16:54|
This is a fantastic opportunity for an ambitious individual to join an exciting and vibrant company and have the opportunity to work with experienced designers and develop your future career.|
You will be working for...
A comprehensive manufacturing service for composite products in advanced engineering applications, including components and assemblies for aircraft structures and systems. As an IT Support Tech apprentice you would be responsible for all onsite IT Support for the Group.
Be part of QA's 10k in Tech and add yourself to the UK's tech explosion!
In this job you will be doing...
- Helpdesk 4 hours a week rota taking first line IT Support calls, recording their request or problem attempting to resolve and route to 2nd line & 3rd IT Support
- Onsite Support - the position will be responsible for onsite IT support for assigned locations working as part of a virtual team to provide customer support, troubleshoot and resolve IT incidents and requests (tickets), and escalate un-resolved tickets and follow up through completion on the tickets, typically setting up new equipment, workstations, printers, testing and serving equipment and upgrades
- Project Assignments - the position will periodically be assigned project work in parallel with support responsibilities. Typical projects could include computer deployments, system implementation support, facility moves, Email & Domain migrations etc.
Daily working hours: Working 39 Hours Per Week
Are you a bit of a problem-solver? Eager to take your technology knowledge to the next level?
Our training programme is designed to provide you with real-world skills using the most recent IT Technologies to transform you into a highly-skilled IT Apprentice (all debt free!)Our apprenticeships blends on-the-job experience, face-to-face workshops and online learning which will teach you a range of new skills including:
- Networking and Architecture
- Mobile and Operating System
- Cloud Services
- Coding and Logic
- Business Process
Apprenticeships and Vendor qualifications L3
- Advanced Apprenticeship Infrastructure Technician Level 3 ( equivalent to A- level educational level), MTA Networking Fundamentals, MTA Mobility and Devices Fundamentals, MTA Cloud Fundamentals, One Microsoft MOC on demanded course
- New skills including:
- Networking Principles
- Network Systems and Architecture
- Installing and Configuring Windows Server 2012
- Technical Security Fundamentals
- Threats and Vulnerabilities
Apprenticeships and Vendor qualifications L4
- Higher Apprenticeships Network Engineer Level 4 (equivalent to first year of degree study), Microsoft Certified Professional - Installing and Configuring Windows Server 2012 R2, One Microsoft MOC on demanded course
24 - 28 month Higher IT apprenticeship (with opportunity to step off after 12-15 months if you find that the training/role isn't for you)
Who should apply...
- Someone with very strong PC/laptop/terminal installation & break/fix
- Someone with strong Windows OS from win 7 onwards
- Someone with very strong MS Office knowledge, esp. Word & Excel (lot of walk ins for Office Help)
- Someone with strong windows server knowledge
- Someone with excellent organisational skills with the ability to balance competing priorities and workloads
- Someone with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Someone with the ability to remain calm under pressure
- Someone with an adaptable and flexible in approach to work required
- An individual with the willingness and ability to work as a member of a team
- Someone with good time management
- A genuine interest in IT and Technology looking to gain experience and a long term career in the IT industry
- Someone who has the ability to cope with multiple problems in a calm and professional manner
- Someone who is willing to learn and work towards professional industry certifications
- Someone who is looking to gain experience and a long term career in the IT industry
- Someone with ideally 5 GCSEs Grades (C and above) or equivalent, including Maths and English
What happens when I finish my apprenticeship...
92% of QA Apprentices secure permanent employment after finishing their IT apprenticeship. Additionally may be opportunities to undertake further learning such as Higher apprenticeships.
It only takes a minute to apply for an IT apprenticeship with QA and begin your IT career with great prospects today.
QA's apprenticeship programmes are part-funded by ESF. The ESF is Europe's main instrument for supporting jobs, helping people get better jobs and ensuringfairer job opportunities for all EU citizens
For more information about QA Apprenticeships, please visit our website. Note: This advert may close early if a suitable candidate is found before the advertised close date is reached