|Job Ref:||204543893||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Yorkshire||City:||Leeds||Address:||Post Code:||LS7||Post Date:||10/10/2016 16:54|
Senior Technical Analyst |
NG Bailey is the largest independent engineering, construction and services company in the UK. As a family owned business, with over 90 years in operation, we have a proud heritage, notably in the quality of our workforce and strong design and technical capacity. Our values of passion, integrity and excellence remain at the heart of everything we do.
Position: Senior Technical Analyst
About the role:
We are currently looking to recruit a Senior Technical Analyst to participate in a variety of analytical and technical assignments that provide for problem diagnosis and solutions documentation, implementation, administration, support, and maintenance of a variety of hardware, software and network products in an information technology infrastructure environment.
Key responsibilities within this position will include:
- Providing technical support to business users, support & development staff. Working alone, or as part of a team, analyse the underlying issues arising from investigations into requirements and problems, and identify available options for consideration.
- Displaying a systematic, disciplined approach to problem solving with good attention to detail ensuring that the measures set out in the ICT Service Level Agreement (SLA) are met at all time.
- Installing, configuring, administering and monitoring ICT hardware and software in support of the delivery of an agreed IT service. This will include incident handling, availability and performance monitoring, controlling change, and the maintenance of operating plans and schedules.
- Providing on-site or remote access diagnosis and resolution of computer hardware and software problems.
- Developing operational, installation / configuration and upgrade procedures to be used by other colleagues for communication systems, hardware, network, security, storage and software.
- Ensuring operational support documentation is complete and accurate, supporting continuous improvement programs in response to support service metrics, customer feedback and process efficiencies.
- Participating in root cause analysis in support of Problem Management, reconciling issues across support teams to improve Incident Management Process.
- Undertaking the implementation of technical development projects, monitoring technical progress, informing project management of major technical issues and making recommendations on their resolution.
- Provide advice and support regarding the development of policies, procedures, working practices and training to comply with the requirements of legislation regulating the holding, use and disclosure of personal information such as the Data Protection Act, Computer Misuse Act, Freedom of Information Act.
To be successful in this role you will be ideally degree educated with a good general grounding in ICT technologies with significant experience working in a similar role within a business of comparable size and complexity. With good communication skills and an analytical approach to problem solving, you will be a good team player with the ability to work under pressure. You will also be expected to mentor more junior members of the team.
Essential to this position is solid experience in the following programmes:-
- UNIX, LINUX.
- Microsoft Server 2003 / 2008 / 2012.
- Firewall Configuration / Management.
- SQL / Oracle administration and configuration.
- Backup solutions, i.e. Commvault, Backup Exec.
Ideally you will also have knowledge of Exchange 2007 / 2010, Active Directory / DHCP, TCP / IP Networking / LAN / WAN and documentation and technical authoring.
You may have experience of the following: Senior Technical Analyst, Hardware, Software, Networking, Exchange, Active Directory, LAN, WAN, ICT, Information Technology, UNIX, LINUX, SQL, Oracle, Exchange, Microsoft Server, Installation, Problem Resolution, IFS, Firewall, etc.
This vacancy is being advertised by Easy Web Recruitment, the UK`s leading Online Recruitment Agency. The services advertised by Easy Web Recruitment are those of an employment agency. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of gender, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, or belief, and we confirm that we will gladly accept all applications