|Job Ref:||204543867||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Newham||Address:||Post Code:||NE67||Salary:||£20000 - £25000/annum Bonus & Van||Post Date:||10/10/2016 16:54|
We have a great opportunity for a Hardware Maintenance/Break-fix Engineer to provide support to schools as part of a large-scale managed service with one of the 'UK's Top Employers'*.|
In this role you would be working with a wide range of hardware including servers, desktops, laptops & tablets (including Apple products) as well as audio visual equipment, to provide break fix services, modifications and upgrades as a part of the Managed Service team in Newham, London
You'll be travelling to schools around Newham, working alongside on-site engineers as you respond to hardware incidents and issues logged by the customer. If you are passionate about ICT, enjoy solving problems, have strong communication and customer service skills and thrive on working in a busy and target-oriented environment, this is a great opportunity for you.
RM Education is the leading provider of IT software & services to the Education sector. In the RM Managed Services team we want to be the ICT support partner for our schools, not just a supplier. We want to get to know them, their teachers and students. We like to spend time understanding their aims and vision for ICT. Only then can we have a good grasp of how we can best support them and their school.
In schools they want ICT to just work, for staff and pupils to be confident that they can easily log on and have swift, safe and reliable access to their files and engaging media rich resources, both inside and out of school.
To find out more about what we do you can visit the RM Education homepage:
Skills & Experience
* A broad experience of maintaining and repairing hardware products with a good understanding of the operating systems used on these products e.g. Windows 7/8, Exchange, Outlook, and Internet / Intranet access, Apple, ideally within a customer-focused environment
* Strong problem solving/diagnosis & fault finding abilities and excellent communication, customer handling and interpersonal skills
* Sound planning, organising and prioritising abilities with a pro-active approach to work. Target focused & able to cope with change
* Flexible to visit other schools across London as and when required
* Full driving licence
Why you should consider this role
* A chance to work in one of the UK's highest profile and prestigious school improvement initiatives for a leading employer (*awarded 'Britain's Top IT Employer' in 2009, 2010 & 2012 and certified as a Top Employer UK category in 2013, 2014,2015 & 2016)
* Work with a very broad and constantly evolving array of ICT and have the opportunity to learn from others
* Working within the education ICT sector is highly stimulating and hugely rewarding
* RM offers exceptional career development and advancement opportunities
* 25 Days Annual Leave (option to buy an extra 5 days)
* Performance Related Bonus Scheme
* Group Personal Pension
* Private Medical Healthcare
* Income Protection
* Life Assurance