|Job Ref:||204543818||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Coventry||Address:||Post Code:||CV1||Salary:||£45000 - £55000/annum||Post Date:||18/10/2016 14:20|
Are you a Senior Web Developer who wants to work for the UK's largest impendent business within its sector and one of the UK's leading distribution operators.|
Formed in 1971 in just a few years the company evolved into a national business offering same day courier and overnight parcel delivery. Today my client has a network of over 50 sites and 2400 vehicles.
The Senior Web Developer will be part of a large and dynamic in-house development team for the UK's leading integrated postal service operator. The successful candidate will be responsible for designing and building enterprise grade software solutions to time, cost and quality constraints. In addition to developing new capabilities the successful Developer will support and maintain existing software solutions and assist with the diagnosis and rectification of service affecting issues and development operations such as build, configuration and deployment management.
The Successful Senior Web Developer will use their advanced level of technical expertise to influence the design and development of applications and support and mentor more junior members of the team.
The Senior Web Developer will have the following responsibilities;
Share technical and application knowledge with more junior members of the team members through coaching and mentorship.
Maintain high standards of software quality by adhering to best practices.
Collaborate with other software developers, business analysts and project managers to design, develop, support and maintain business applications.
Assist in the collection and documentation of user's requirements and the development of user stories.
Prepare reports, manuals and other documentation on the status, operation and maintenance of software solutions.
Design, develop and unit test software solutions in accordance with established standards and architectural principles.
Participate in peer-reviews of solutions designs and related code.
Package and support the deployment of software releases.
Analyse and resolve technical and application problems.
Recommend opportunities for application and process improvement
Essential requirements from the Senior Web Developer;
- 3 years' experience as a Software Developer
- Applied knowledge of various agile and structured and project methodologies i.e. Waterfall, PRINCE2, SCRUM, Extreme programming (XP)
- 3 years' experience in designing and developing enterprise grade software
- Experience in performance engineering (multi-threading and concurrency)
- Experience with source control management systems and continuous integration/deployment environments
- Internally motivated and able to work proficiently both independently and in a team environment
- Strong communication skills, with both internal team members and internal and external business stakeholders
- Strong focus on continuous improvement in areas such as productivity, solutions design, technologies and processes
- Experience with database development including relational database design, SQL and ORM
- Understanding of object orientated (OO) and service orientated architecture (SOA) development techniques and theories
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
The successful candidate will have the following skillset;
- Minimum of 3 years' experience with Microsoft .NET 3.5 development using C#
- Minimum of 3 years' experience with core Microsoft .Net technologies
- including WCF, WinForms, LINQ and Entity Framework
- Minimum of 1 years' experience with ASP .NET MVC
- Experience in user interface design and prototyping
- Minimum of 3 years' strong T-SQL skills including stored procedure development
- Knowledge of SQL Server (Apply online only)
- Experience with Microsoft Visual Studio Team Foundation Server
Salary for this position ranges from 45,000 to 55,000 with the following extras;
25 days annual leave bank holidays
Non-contractual discretionary bonus scheme paying up to 4% of basic salary dependent on company and personal performance
Access to Pluralsight developer online training package
Microsoft MSDN Subscription
Access to a range of voluntary benefits including health care cash plan and discounts with major retailers
Save as you Earn share save scheme and company pension scheme full details are provided on completion of probationary period