|Job Ref:||204543814||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Lanarkshire||City:||Cumbernauld||Address:||Post Code:||G67||Salary:||£160/week||Post Date:||10/10/2016 16:54|
If you are looking to start your career but need more experience and qualifications, then this entry-point Apprenticeship might just be what you are looking for. Apply today!|
You will be working for...
A company that provides a comprehensive manufacturing service for composite products in advanced engineering applications, including components and assemblies for aircraft structures and systems.
Be part of QA's 10k in tech and add yourself to the UK's tech explosion!
In this job you will...
- Helpdesk 4 hours a week rota taking first line IT Support calls, recording their request or problem attempting to resolve and route to 2nd line & 3rd IT Support
- Provide onsite support - the position will be responsible for onsite IT support for assigned locations working as part of a virtual team to provide customer support, troubleshoot and resolve IT incidents and requests (tickets), and escalate un-resolved tickets and follow up through completion on the tickets , typically setting up new equipment, Workstations, printers, testing and serving equipment and upgrades.
- Periodically be assigned project work in parallel with support responsibilities, typical projects could include computer deployments, system implementation support, facility moves, Email & Domain migrations etc.
Are you a bit of a problem-solver? Eager to take your technology knowledge to the next level?
Our training programme is designed to provide you with real-world skills using the most recent IT Technologies to transform you into a highly-skilled IT Apprentice (all debt free!)Our apprenticeships blends on-the-job experience, face-to-face workshops and online learning which will teach you a range of new skills including:
- Microsoft Windows Server 2012
- Cloud Technologies
- Support BYOD
- Microsoft Windows 7/8.1 and Other Client Operating Systems
- Mobility Solutions such as Microsoft Intune
- Securing Devices and Networks
What qualifications will you gain?
- SCQF 6 Qualifications (Equivalent To Working At Advanced Higher/HNC Level), SCQF 6 Qualifications (Equivalent To Working At Advanced Higher/HNC Level)
- Vendor qualifications - Installing And Configuring Windows 7 Client (Exam Optional - Only One Exam Included*), Upgrading Your Skills To MCSA Windows 8 (Exam Optional - Only One Exam Included*), Interconnecting Cisco Networking Devices ICND1 (Exam Optional Cost), Microsoft IT Security Fundamentals (no exam), Installing and configuring Windows server 2012 (exam optional cost), Server Virtualization With Windows Server HYPER-V and System Centre (Exam Optional Cost), Interconnecting Cisco Networking Devices ICND2 (Exam Optional Cost), *Apprentices can choose to take an exam in one of these courses. If they wish to do the exam for both, speak to your QA apprenticeships account manager for more information and costs
- SCQF 8 Qualifications (Equivalent To Second Year Of Degree Study), SQA SCQF 8 Diploma in ICT and Telecommunication Professional
Programme duration: 16 - 24 month Higher IT apprenticeship (with opportunity to step off after Part 1* if you find that the training/role isn't for you)- * If you choose to step off, you would still gain SCQF 6 qualifications equivalent to working at advanced higher/HNC level.
Who should apply...
- Someone with Excellent organisational skills with the ability to balance competing priorities and workloads
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to remain calm under pressure
- Adaptable and flexible in approach to work required
- Willingness and ability to work as a member of a team
- Good time management
- A genuine interest in IT and Technology looking to gain experience and a long term career in the IT industry
- Someone who has the ability to cope with multiple problems in a calm and professional manner
- Someone who is willing to learn and work towards professional industry certifications
- Someone who is looking to gain experience and a long term career in the IT industry
What happens when I finish my apprenticeship...
92% of QA Apprentices secure permanent employment after finishing their IT apprenticeship. Additionally may be opportunities to undertake further learning such as Higher apprenticeships.
It only takes a minute to apply for an IT apprenticeship with QA and begin your IT career with great prospects today.
QA's apprenticeship programmes are part-funded by ESF. The ESF is Europe's main instrument for supporting jobs, helping people get better jobs and ensuringfairer job opportunities for all EU citizens
For more information about QA Apprenticeships, please visit our website. Note: This advert may close early if a suitable candidate is found before the advertised close date is reached