|Job Ref:||204543793||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Hampshire||City:||Southampton||Address:||Post Code:||SO14||Salary:||£30000 - £45000/annum training & benefits||Post Date:||10/10/2016 16:54|
French Speaking Linux Systems Engineer is required to join a highly progressive and industry recognised company from their head office based in central Southampton.|
The role of a French Speaking Linux Systems Engineer involves working across the full lifecycle in regard to their growing Linux environment, which is predominately Red Hat based. You will work with both internal teams in regard to escalated issues through to working with their clients, who are predominately based in France. Furthermore you will be expected to:
The ideal candidate for the role will have at least 2-3 years in depth experience of Linux systems and if possible be working in a similar role at the moment. You will have a mixture of the following skill set:
* Solid understanding of server hardware;
* Able to configure GNU Linux O/S (Redhat, CentOS,) Other flavours will be a bonus but not required;
* Experience with GNU Linux and/or web hosting technologies such as Apache/Nginx, MySQL, Postfix/Sendmail, DNS, PHP and other services etc;
* Knowledge of VMWare ESX/ESXi platform;
* Understanding Clusters and Load Balancing principals;
* Familiarity with system administration tools and processes.
* Working knowledge of common TCP/IP protocols such as telnet, ssh, ftp, smtp.
* Ability to troubleshoot complex problems for common TCP/IP protocols
* Ability to troubleshoot complex application-level problems independently.
* Ability to work effectively with internal departmental members and peers from other departments.
* Must demonstrate the capacity and desire for continued, independent learning.
* Troubleshoots and analyse cause of performance problems within guidelines
* VCP, ITIL, RHCE/RHCSA strongly preferred
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a growing company, who have an excellent working environment and would be able to offer further career opportunities.
Keywords: Linux Engineer, Red Hat, CentOS, Fedora, VMware, Virtualisation, MySQL, French speaking, Southampton, Hampshire