|Job Ref:||204542412||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||M6||Address:||Salary:||£240/week||Post Date:||10/10/2016 16:54|
Do you want a fantastic opportunity to learn new skills and start a very rewarding career? Start here, apply now!|
You will be working for...
A company which supplies computer systems, training in assistive technology, standard and specialist software and hardware for disabled computer users in education.
The company also run a website for use by assessors and disability support staff at Access Centres, Universities & Colleges in order to determine & cost equipment required by students who receive support under the Disabled Student Allowance. The website is also designed for students specifically to access important support facilities which are provided as part of their comprehensive after sales support package.
Be part of QA's 10k in Tech and add yourself to the UK's tech explosion!
Your role will be...
- To start training in the build area, which will require preparing new computers for delivery
- To load software and hardware onto computers and deal with associated paperwork (Training in specialist software will be given)
- Answering telephone calls
- Taking details of client's problems/requirement
- Asking relevant questions to get additional detail
- Offering technical assistance if and when appropriate
- Assisting administrative staff with their duties
Are you a bit of a problem-solver? Eager to take your technology knowledge to the next level?
Our training programme is designed to provide you with real-world skills using the most recent IT Technologies to transform you into a highly-skilled IT Apprentice (all debt free!)
Our apprenticeships blends on-the-job experience, face-to-face workshops and online learning which will teach you a range of new skills including:
- Networking and Architecture
- Mobile and Operating System
- Cloud Services
- Coding and Logic
- Business Process
Apprenticeships and Vendor qualifications L3
Advanced Apprenticeship Infrastructure Technician Level 3 (equivalent to A- level educational level), MTA Networking Fundamentals, MTA Mobility and Devices Fundamentals, MTA Cloud Fundamentals, One Microsoft MOC on demanded course
Who should apply...
- Someone with the ability to work flexibly and on their own initiative
- Someone with the ability to prioritise multiple tasks
- Someone with the ability to work individually and as part of a team
- Someone with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Someone with excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Someone with excellent organisational and time management skills including the ability to work under pressure within strict deadlines
- Someone with the ability to communicate with a wide range of people at all levels
- Someone with ideally 5 GCSE Grades (C and above) or equivalent, including Maths and English
Other Important Information...
We are looking for someone with a willingness to work flexibly beyond normal working hours and undertake overtime when required to support the business is highly ideal and greatly appreciated
We are looking for someone with a clean driving licence as it will be very advantageous or someone who is currently learning to drive
A DBS check will be necessary at some point during your employment. This may be is the short term or the long term according to job progression
During the apprenticeship you will be given the opportunity to gain industry recognised qualifications thereby enhancing your value to the company and your general employability
Daily working days and hours are from Monday to Friday, 9:00am - 5:30pm [with occasional overtime to support the business needs]
What happens when I complete my apprenticeship...
The company have had a number of former IT Apprentices go on to secure a full time position on successful completion of the apprenticeship, with a new job tile and pay rise.
It only takes a minute to apply for an IT apprenticeship with QA and begin your IT with great prospects today.
QA's apprenticeship programmes are part-funded by ESF. The ESF is Europe's main instrument for supporting jobs, helping people get better jobs and ensuring fairer job opportunities for all EU citizens.
Note: This advert may close early if a suitable candidate is found before the advertised close date is reached