|Job Ref:||204563125||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Suffolk||City:||Bury St Edmunds||Address:||Post Code:||IP33||Salary:||£18000 - £19500/annum||Post Date:||18/10/2016 14:22|
A Repair Technician is required to carry out the day to day maintenance and repair of an array of consumer items, predominantly baby care products and travel systems. You will undertake to locate and diagnose faults and carry out repairs in line with manufacturer repair manuals.|
APPLICATIONS FROM EX-MILITARY PERSONNEL ARE STRONGLY ENCOURAGED.
The Repair Technician will have a flexible and pro-active attitude towards ensuring that deadlines are met. You will develop positive working relationships with all external agencies and individuals to identify opportunities to improve or develop working practices that will support efficiency, consistency and improved inter-business communication and activity.
You will be able to schedule and prioritise workload and resources to ensure that all work is undertaken in line with customer expectations and delivered in a timely manner whilst adhering to the expected quality standards.
* Analyse faults on baby products, e.g. car seats and strollers, testing parts through problem diagnosis and resolving customer's issues as per repair manuals.
* Undertake proper and timely repairs, restoring components to useable condition by repair and/or replacing parts.
* Give technical advice to retailers, consumers and customer service operatives.
* Reporting unseen faults to the engineering supervisor and quality department.
* Ensuring correct defect codes are obtained and reported as per the Customers procedure.
* Support the Engineering Supervisor with any other tasks relating to the service area.
* Maintain a tidy working area and tools, ensuring a high level of Health & Safety standard is maintained.
* To wear all necessary PPE relating to the tasks being undertaken.
* Support the General Manager as required
Integrity - To undertake all tasks openly and honestly
Commitment - To ensure our passion for delivering customers' expectations is achieved through endeavour, tenacity and a proactive attitude.
Excellence - To exceed expectation and deliver success in partnership with our Customers
Qualifications & Skills:
* Minimum NVQ level 2 in Engineering Maintenance (or equivalent).
* One year's previous engineering experience (post apprenticeship or completion of NVQ)
* Confident problem-solver and decision-maker used to mentoring and supporting more junior members of the team.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Good IT literacy.
* Ability to work on own initiative and be a decision maker.
Salary: £18,000 to £19,500 / annum
Hours: 42.5 Hours / Week
Holidays: 20 days plus Bank Holidays increasing year on year to a maximum of 28 days