|Job Ref:||204543746||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Hampshire||City:||Southampton||Address:||Post Code:||SO14||Salary:||£40000 - £50000/annum training & benefits||Post Date:||10/10/2016 16:59|
DevOps Engineer is required to join a highly progressive company, working on the cutting edge of server technology from their head office based on the outskirts of Southampton.|
The role of a DevOps Engineer would involve working alongside the main software development team (based mainly Java & PHP) and the Infrastructure Operations team (mainly Red Hat based Linux along with FreeBSD and Microsoft Servers). You will help to deliver large scale projects for a highly impressive client list using an impressive array of new technologies.
* Excellent Linux system administration, Scripting and automation skills (Ruby, Python, Bash, Jenkins)
* Experienced in monitoring tools, frameworks and processes
* Experienced in full automation and configuration management using tools such as Ansible or Puppet
* Experience in supporting production applications on AWS or other similar cloud technologies
* Deep understanding of HTTP and web service technologies
* Participated in collaborative coding environments (peer review, continuous integration, etc.)
As you will be working within a team environment then your communication skills, both written and verbal must be very strong.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a fantastic company that will be able to offer further career prospects, an excellent benefits package and a truly unique working environment.
Keywords: DevOps, Dev Ops, Linux, Red Hat, CentOS, Fedora, FreeBSD, Server 2012, Scripting, Ruby, Python, Bash, Jenkins, Puppet, Southampton, Hampshire