|Job Ref:||204543699||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Hampshire||City:||Southampton||Address:||Post Code:||SO14||Salary:||£35000 - £42500/annum training & benefits||Post Date:||10/10/2016 16:59|
Senior SQL DBA is required for a leading and internationally renowned company from their head office based in central Southampton.|
The role of Senior SQL DBA will be very hands on and you will be responsible for the maintenance, management, and development of their existing MS-SQL database estate plus the provision and design of new environments. Ona daily and on going basis you will have:
* Overall management and ownership of the MS-SQL estate
* Design and development of new MS-SQL environments for next 5/10 years
* Increasing the resilience, reliability and ultimately, the availability of all services
* Planning and implementing updates, upgrades general system maintenance
* Disaster Recovery Design and Planning and testing
* Day to day Business Continuity
* Support of vendor-supplied multi-tiered applications
The correct individual for Senior SQL DBA role will be working in a similar position at the moment and preferably have an industry recognised qualification.
You will have:
* Extensive expertise within MS-SQL, preferably up to SQL 2016.
* Current, practical experience managing large, enterprise wide databases and supplying quality, dependable, secure database services.
* Extensive knowledge of database technologies and capabilities.
* Experience developing and administering data standards, policies, and procedures.
* Responsible for quality control by auditing database integrity to ensure accurate and appropriate use of data.
* Ability to effectively communicate and describe work details and relevant technical matters, both orally and in writing.
As you will be a senior member of the team your communication skills, both written and verbal must be very strong.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a fantastic company that would be able to offer some fantastic benefits including a very good pension scheme and a very generous holiday allowance.
Keywords: Senior SQL DBA, SQL, Database Administrator, SQL 2016, SQL 2012, SQL 2008, Southampton, Hampshire