|Job Ref:||204542963||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Glasgow||Address:||Post Code:||G3||Salary:||£150 - £170/week||Post Date:||10/10/2016 16:59|
This is an exciting opportunity for the right person to join a great company who has the desire to support people through the business. Apply now!|
You will be working for...
A leading supplier of office equipment service and hardware based just outside Glasgow City Centre are looking for an IT Apprentice to join their team. This is an excellent opportunity with a company who have an enviable reputation for quality of service in the marketplace with all their engineers and technicians trained to a very high standard.
Be part of QA's 10k in tech and add yourself to the UK's tech explosion!
In this job you will be...
- Fully trained to be able to perform full network installations of multifunctional devices
- Initially shadowing a member of their technical team on service calls, maintenance and full installations
- Provided with continued ongoing training with their suppliers to enhance the training programme
- Completing pre-delivery inspections of all new machines
- Doing general stock check taking and updating what's required to be ordered and keeping things up to date
Are you a bit of a problem-solver? Eager to take your technology knowledge to the next level?
Our training programme is designed to provide you with real-world skills using the most recent IT Technologies to transform you into a highly-skilled IT Apprentice (all debt free!)Our apprenticeships blends on-the-job experience, face-to-face workshops and online learning which will teach you a range of new skills including:
- Microsoft Windows Server 2012
- Cloud Technologies
- Support BYOD
- Microsoft Windows 7/8.1 and Other Client Operating Systems
- Mobility Solutions such as Microsoft Intune
- Securing Devices and Networks
What qualifications will you gain?
- SCQF 6 Qualifications (Equivalent To Working At Advanced Higher/HNC Level), SCQF 6 Qualifications (Equivalent To Working At Advanced Higher/HNC Level)
- Vendor qualifications - Installing And Configuring Windows 7 Client (Exam Optional - Only One Exam Included*), Upgrading Your Skills To MCSA Windows 8 (Exam Optional - Only One Exam Included*), Interconnecting Cisco Networking Devices ICND1 (Exam Optional Cost), Microsoft IT Security Fundamentals (no exam), Installing and configuring Windows server 2012 (exam optional cost), Server Virtualization With Windows Server HYPER-V and System Centre (Exam Optional Cost), Interconnecting Cisco Networking Devices ICND2 (Exam Optional Cost), *Apprentices can choose to take an exam in one of these courses. If they wish to do the exam for both, speak to your QA apprenticeships account manager for more information and costs
- SCQF 8 Qualifications (Equivalent To Second Year Of Degree Study), SQA SCQF 8 Diploma in ICT and Telecommunication Professional
Programme duration: 16 - 24 month Higher IT apprenticeship (with opportunity to step off after Part 1* if you find that the training/role isn't for you)- * If you choose to step off, you would still gain SCQF 6 qualifications equivalent to working at advanced higher/HNC level.
Who should apply...
- Someone with good verbal communication skills
- An individual who works well in a team but can work alone when required and enjoys helping others
- A friendly and approachable individual
- Someone with the ability to cope with multiple problems in a calm and professional manner
- Someone with precision, professionalism, perfectionism, flexibility, passion for new technologies and a pragmatic approach
The candidate must have at least 5 standards (Level 1 - 3) OR 5 National Level 5 grades, both qualifications must include Maths and English.
Other important information:
Daily working hours will be Monday to Thursday 8:30am - 5:30pm and 8:30am to 5:00pm on Fridays
A full UK Driving License would be advantage and a van will be provided
What happens when I finish my apprenticeship...
92% of QA Apprentices secure permanent employment after finishing their IT apprenticeship. Additionally may be opportunities to undertake further learning such as Higher apprenticeships.
It only takes a minute to apply for an IT apprenticeship with QA and begin your IT career with great prospects today.
QA's apprenticeship programmes are part-funded by ESF. The ESF is Europe's main instrument for supporting jobs, helping people get better jobs and ensuringfairer job opportunities for all EU citizens
For more information about QA Apprenticeships, please visit our website. Note: This advert may close early if a suitable candidate is found before the advertised close date is reached