|Job Ref:||204542821||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||G2||Address:||Salary:||£131/week||Post Date:||10/10/2016 16:59|
Do you want a fantastic opportunity to learn new skills and start a very rewarding career? Start here, apply now!|
You will be working for...
A 'Top of the League' acquisition / sales outsourcer that exceeds customer targets, reduces risk and drives exceptional return on investment for clients in many sectors.
They have over 250 employees based at their Glasgow City Centre office and generate over a 150,000 sales a year on behalf of clients in the Utility, Telecommunications and Charity sectors.
Be part of QA's 10k in Tech and add yourself to the UK's tech explosion!
Your role will be...
Assisting on many duties and projects including daily reporting on business sales figures and building reports via IT system
Identifying the data requirements of the business and other ad hoc reporting as when required
Providing IT helpdesk support to the business in order to resolve technical problems encountered in the operation of hardware and software
Being the first line technical support for users
Performing diagnostic tests, modifications or repairs
Installing, maintaining and supporting a variety of desktop, laptop, network hardware and software systems within the company if and when required
Monitoring helpdesk calls and logs and take appropriate action to ensure satisfactory response
Are you a bit of a problem-solver? Eager to take your technology knowledge to the next level?
Our training programme is designed to provide you with real-world skills using the most recent IT Technologies to transform you into a highly-skilled IT Apprentice (all debt free!)
Our apprenticeships blends on-the-job experience, face-to-face workshops and online learning which will teach you a range of new skills including:
- Microsoft Windows Server 2012
- Cloud Technologies
- Support BYOD
- Microsoft Windows 7/8.1 and Other Client Operating Systems
- Mobility Solutions such as Microsoft Intune
- Securing Devices and Networks
What qualifications will you gain?
- SCQF 6 Qualifications (Equivalent To Working At Advanced Higher/HNC Level), SCQF 6 Qualifications (Equivalent To Working At Advanced Higher/HNC Level)
• Vendor qualifications - Installing And Configuring Windows 7 Client (Exam Optional - Only One Exam Included*), Upgrading Your Skills To MCSA Windows 8 (Exam Optional - Only One Exam Included*), Interconnecting Cisco Networking Devices ICND1 (Exam Optional Cost), Microsoft IT Security Fundamentals (no exam), Installing and configuring Windows server 2012 (exam optional cost), Server Virtualization With Windows Server HYPER-V and System Centre (Exam Optional Cost), Interconnecting Cisco Networking Devices ICND2 (Exam Optional Cost), *Apprentices can choose to take an exam in one of these courses. If they wish to do the exam for both, speak to your QA apprenticeships account manager for more information and costs
- SCQF 8 Qualifications (Equivalent To Second Year Of Degree Study), SQA SCQF 8 Diploma in ICT and Telecommunication Professional
Programme duration: 16 - 24 month Higher IT apprenticeship (with opportunity to step off after Part 1* if you find that the training/role isn't for you)- * If you choose to step off, you would still gain SCQF 6 qualifications equivalent to working at advanced higher/HNC level
Who should apply...
- Someone with excellent MS Excel Skills
- Someone with a wide IT knowledge
- Someone who is a quick learner who responds well to new tasks
- Someone who is well organised and able to work with a high degree of accuracy
- Someone who is dependable, self-motivated with the ability to work independently
- Someone who is a good team player, who can work productively with colleagues
- Someone who is positive and enthusiastic
- Someone with 5 standards (Level 1 - 3) OR 5 National Level 5 grades, both qualifications including Maths and English is ideal
Other Important Information...
Daily working hours are Monday-Friday, 37.5hrs per week
[8am-9pm on shift rota basis with 1 in 4 Saturdays, however will be mostly 8am starts]
What happens when I complete my apprenticeship...
You will have the potential to grow and progress within the business.
It only takes a minute to apply for an IT apprenticeship with QA and begin your IT with great prospects today.
QA's apprenticeship programmes are part-funded by ESF. The ESF is Europe's main instrument for supporting jobs, helping people get better jobs and ensuring fairer job opportunities for all EU citizens.
Note: This advert may close early if a suitable candidate is found before the advertised close date is reached