|Job Ref:||204562692||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Yorkshire||City:||Leeds||Address:||Post Code:||LS7||Salary:||£120 - £150/day||Post Date:||10/10/2016 17:02|
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an experienced Maintenance Engineer to join a leading FMCG business in Leeds on a contract basis, initially for a 12 month period. |
Reporting to the Maintenance Leader, the successful Maintenance Engineer will take full responsibility for leading the engineering improvement and co-ordination of planned maintenance activities within the Packing Operation.
The primary focus of the Maintenance Engineer will be to progress maintenance and engineering improvement activities in the Packing Operation. The Maintenance Engineer will have strong relationship with the Cell Leaders, Cell Craft and Shift Craft to enable the maintenance and improvement programme to be progressed collectively across the Packing Operation.
All applicants for the Maintenance Engineer vacancy must have the following experience:
* Minimum education of HND/HNC, or demonstrable track record working as a maintenance engineer
* 17th edition wiring regs
* Electrical maintenance skills - wiring, PLCs, single/3-phase etc.
* Knowledge of automation equipment
* Previous experience driving continuous improvement
* Excellent fault finding and electrical maintenance skills
Key responsibilities for this role include but are not limited to:
* Mentor Maintenance Craft, Cell Craft, Shift Cell Craft and apprentice engineers.
* Recruitment and selection of new team members.
* Fully implement HR policies related to team members and their activities.
* Understand the company disciplinary procedure and conduct verbal warnings, counselling and suspension for gross misconduct where appropriate
* Mentor Cell Teams where appropriate
* Conduct PDP's in accordance with the defined PDP procedure
* Liaise with Training Co-ordinator to ensure T&D plans are appropriate for the apprentice engineers ensuring that skills and competency gaps are identified and addressed.
* Progress the decision making and technical capability of the Maintenance Craft.
* Develop the team working and cohesion of the cell technical teams to create a unified and consistent unit embodying a standard of professionalism.
If you are an experienced maintenance engineer, please apply now with an up to date CV.
Omega Resource Group Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy