|Job Ref:||204562061||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Usk||Address:||Post Code:||NP15||Salary:||£24.73/hour||Post Date:||10/10/2016 17:02|
Project Engineer - BOM, Bill of Materials, Manufacturing|
A Project Engineer with experience of Manufacturing, and Bill of Materials is required to work on a twelve month contract (with the possibility of extension) for our Engineering client based in South Wales
This is an excellent, long term contract opportunity for a Project Engineer with a Defence/Manufacturing background to join a leading organisation.
Overview of the Project Engineer contract role
Responsible for producing the Engineering, Manufacturing & Proof Bills Of Material (BOM), together with all supporting data (Maturity Matrix, Exceptions Reports, etc.) plus all relevant product, process & training literature.
Key skills required for the Project Engineer
* Work closely with the Lead Engineer (DI) and Project Manager (DI) in the development of the DI project schedule for each product.
* Adherence to the agreed project schedule for each Munitions product undergoing the DI process.
* Production of data cleansed Bills of Material (EBOM, MBOM and Proof BOM) - together with all associated documentation.
* Creation of the Maturity Matrix for each product together with Excel family tree structures, configuration checklist, exceptions report etc.
* Progress reporting & presentations to key stakeholders on a regular basis.
* Support the formal Technical Review/LCM process for each product.
* Development of the DI process through the production and on-going validation of the Build Standard Handbook.
* Adherence to the Engineering Change Management process whilst conducting DI project activities.
* Deputise for the Lead Engineer (DI) in their absence.
* Day-to-day interaction with all relevant stakeholders (Product Engineers, Technical specialists, etc.) to ensure all product documentation is correct and undergoes the relevant approval process.
* Support the production and delivery of both training and training material to the end user.
* Understand (and support the development of) the Change Management Process.
* Understand (and support the development of) the Configuration Control Process.
The role is based in South Wales - commutable from Abergavenny, Ebbw Vale, Merthyr Tydfil, Aberdare, Pontypridd, Newport, Caldicot, Usk, Chepstow, Monmouth, Cwmbran, Blackwood, Pontypool and Abertillery with excellent access from Hereford, Ross-on-Wye, Cheltenham, Gloucester,
If you are a looking for a new contract either apply online or if would like to find out about other opportunities please contact Paul Mulcahy on (url removed) or phone (Apply online only)
Do you know anyone who might be looking for a new role? You could benefit from our candidate referral scheme. Contact me on the above contact details for more information.
Outsource. Our People. Your Success.
Outsource UK is one of the country's largest and most successful independent recruitment consultancies, specialising in the IT, Digital, Financial Services and Engineering sectors.
We recruit talented people for contract and permanent opportunities, offer a consultative approach and have a reputation for providing a superior service to both clients and candidates.
The business focuses on building long lasting relationships based on reliability and trust. We do this by hiring and retaining a great team of recruitment consultants who listen and understand our client's and candidate's needs.
Our Manchester office (which covers the whole of the UK) provides a "one-stop shop" to clients and candidates operating in the engineering and manufacturing sectors and, in addition to Engineers, we source and provide temporary/contract and permanent opportunities for IT, Programme Management and Support Professionals (including Procurement / Purchasing / Supply Chain, HR, Finance and Administrative Support).
Please visit our website (url removed)