|Job Ref:||204561561||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Cambridgeshire||City:||Peterborough||Address:||Post Code:||PE1||Salary:||£42000 - £52000/annum||Post Date:||10/10/2016 17:02|
Our client, a major manufacturer based in Peterborough with a globally recognised brand, has just made available a permanent opportunity for a Senior Design Engineer to join their team, offering a salary and bonus package in excess of £58,000 per annum, plus excellent benefits. |
As a Senior Design Engineer, you will have the opportunity to direct and contribute to the concept, development, and design of complex components, subsystems, or processes while strengthening your analytical skills and mastery of engineering concepts. You will partner with and provide technical guidance to global teams. You will contribute to the planning and delivery of projects, continually learn and stay abreast of innovative technology, mentor and coach team members, and broaden your professional network.
This position will be as part of the Rotating Components team within Component Engineering. The team is responsible for the design and development of engine systems, sub-systems and components across the engine on multiple platforms including but not restricted to, Crankshafts, Connecting Rods, Bearings, Timing Gears and Gear driven Auxiliaries, Pistons & Rings.
The team has responsibility for these across multiple engine platforms that are produced in multiple geographic locations.
The successful Senior Design Engineer will have significant experience of engine component design and will be tasked with both design and validation responsibilities. It is anticipated that the right individual will be able to define and delegate packages of design work and project lead development activities related to those designs.
A high level of analytical understanding is desirable with a view to driving "right first time" designs through the application of rigorous DFMEA's and DVP&R definition.
Key Responsibilities of the Senior Design Engineer
* Research and develop new technology
* Design and promote new components and sub processes
* Perform needs analysis and initiate ideas
* Evaluate new products, processes, or systems
* Communicate results to customers, suppliers, team members, and other business units
* Perform product maintenance
Qualifications and Experience required for the Senior Design Engineer role
* Bachelor degree (or equivalent) in an accredited Engineering, Computer Science, or Materials Science curriculum
* Design and development of IC Engine related systems, sub-systems and components
* 3D solid modelling and design within Creo or an equivalent design software package
* Capability to apply GD&T ASME Y14.52009
* Use of Teamcentre for drawing release and data management
* Ability to work with suppliers to develop cost effective solutions
* Capability to deliver DFMEA's and DVP&R's to an effective standard
* Strong analytical skills and problem solving capabilities
* Emphasis on initiative and self-starting tasks
* CAE capabilities to define and interrogate system and component analysis
* Engine dynamics and forcing
To apply, please send us a copy of your up to date CV clearly indicating your relevant experience. Candidates must have an existing right to work in the UK and evidence of eligibility will be required. Suitable candidates will be contacted immediately