|Job Ref:||204561414||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||City Of London||Address:||Post Code:||WC1A||Salary:||£60000 - £70000/annum||Post Date:||18/10/2016 14:16|
Our client is a global management, engineering and development consultancy based in Central London. |
With a £1billion business spanning 150 countries with over 18000 staff in sectors such as transport, energy, buildings, water, health and education.
Due to a major increase in workload we are currently seeking a Senior Rail Assurance Engineer to join their team in Central London.
You will be supporting the growth with their accredited assurance, inspection and certification activities and also supporting their subsidiary rail assurance consultancy.
You will be appointed as a Senior Rail Assurance Engineer and will be required to work within our client's independent assurance team to provide Notified and Inspection Body activities to ensure that requirements of relevant regulations and technical specifications are met for each project.
The Senior Rail Assurance Engineer will lead the delivery of our client's core activities and related services on a project basis and be responsible for delivery in accordance with applicable requirements to the satisfaction of the customer.
Main Role Activities:
1. Produce technical reports and certificates in line with defined procedures.
2. Responsibility for planning, organising and delivering projects to strict
budgets and timeframes.
3. Provide consultancy and support of the EU/UK legislation and regulations
required to deliver projects.
4. Proposal development based on customer requirements, regulations and
5. Technical review of customer enquiries, inspection reports and proposals.
6. Liaise with customers.
7. Mentor and develop junior members of the team.
8. Review of design submissions, test plans and commissioning activities.
9. Development of core business opportunities through networking.
10. Travel to support overseas projects and customers.
You will have:
1) Extensive and demonstrable engineering industry experience.
2) Exposure to rail systems engineering project work.
3) Experience of working within a regulatory technical environment.
4) Experience of working with engineering standards and specifications
within the Rail industry.
5) Engineering project management.
6) Experience of technical audits and inspections to formally recognised
7) Experience of producing technical reports and certificates in line with
8) Pro-active and able to develop core business opportunities through
9) Understand legislation and the role of engineering standards within the
10) Experience of developing and mentoring junior engineers.
11) Experience of working with/for Rail Notified Bodies or Assessment
You will have the following skills and attributes:
1) Attention to detail.
2) Willingness to share experience and mentor.
3) Use of corporate document management system.
4) Effective project management and delivery skills.
5) Commercially aware.
If you are interested with the above role please contact Stephen Tiigah - NA for more information