|Job Ref:||204560954||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Surrey||City:||Dorking||Address:||Post Code:||RH4||Post Date:||10/10/2016 17:03|
Job Title: M&E Project Manager|
Location: Dorking, Surrey
Salary: £Negotiable DOE + Benefits
My client is an established Mechanical and Electrical engineering contractor providing solutions to their prestigious client base. Due to continued growth and expansion they now have a vacancy for a Mechanical and Electrical Project Manager to join their team at their site in Dorking, Surrey. Reporting to the Projects Director the successful candidate will manager a range of projects to meet contractual obligations, project milestones and deadlines. A flexible approach to travel is required as you will need to visit customer sites, although your office base will be Dorking.
This permanent position presents itself as an excellent opportunity to join an expanding company. The salary is negotiable dependant on your experience and the position comes with a car allowance and generous holiday package of 26 days plus bank holidays. Suitable applicants are encouraged to make an immediate application.
- Manage all phases of the project from the award of the contract through to eventual client acceptance.
- Responsible for all aspects of design, procurement, construction and commissioning.
- The direction and performance management of all project resources allocated to projects being managed including vendors and sub-contractors.
- Ensure compliance to contract through effective project management techniques and delegated responsibility to Project Engineers.
- Plan and agree the resources to be allocated to projects with appropriate functional and discipline managers.
- Regulate, negotiate and approve variations to contract in association with the client and internal departments.
- Effect project planning, review, cost control, hand-over and acceptance procedures to meet the terms of the contract.
- Manage and ensure effective two-way communication within the project management team, and between vendors, sub-contractors and the client. This should include formal project meetings where key project milestones are achieved.
- Authorise the placement of order, and ensure that applications for payment are correctly administered.
- Through Project Engineers and Site Managers, ensure the cost-effective management of resources and delegation of key responsibilities.
- Ensure adherence to company procedures, engineering standards, functional specifications and management controls, including QA and environmental standards.
- Proven project management experience within mechanical electrical engineering discipline.
- Hold a relevant engineering qualification.
- Hold a recognised Project Management qualification; PRINCE2, APMP or equivalent.
- Health and Safety training - completion of Site Managers Safety Training Scheme (SMSTS) or equivalent.
- Hold a valid CSCS safety card.
- Experience in M&E commissioning.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationships at all levels.
- Ability to work and remain calm under pressure.
- Good negotiation skills with emphasis on cost controls.
- Ability and willingness to travel.
- Full driving licence.
- £Negotiable salary payable depending on experience.
- Car Allowance - £6,000 per annum.
- 26 days holiday + statutory bank holidays.
- Company pension scheme and health insurance package after qualifying period
- Challenging and varied working environment.
- Opportunity to join an established and reputable business