|Job Ref:||204560885||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||West Midlands||Address:||Post Code:||WV14||Salary:||£65000/annum £65,000 + car allowance + bonus||Post Date:||10/10/2016 17:03|
The company is looking to appoint a Group Head of Technical Development to be based either in the UK or Poland. Reporting to the group COO, the role will support the company strategy to be the lowest cost plastic blown film producer by developing and implementing the optimal blend, process and equipment combination.
In more details, the role will:
• Develop lowest cost material mix for new products.
• Optimise/reformulate existing mixes to achieve lowest cost for a given set of product specifications.
• Together with Group Material Sourcing explore new sources for materials and additives.
• Design, set up and lead test programs in cooperation with the procurement and manufacturing departments.
• Develop and optimise processes to achieve most efficient film production for new products
• Together with Manufacturing and Continuous Improvement team assess and improve existing process capabilities to achieve minimum resources (material, energy, people and maintenance) usage.
• Design, set up and lead test programs.
• Continuously monitor equipment manufacturing industry for blown film (extrusion and conversion) and alu/cling film rewinding.
• Advise manufacturing/project management for the purchase of optimal new equipment/replacements leading to the Lowest Cost of Ownership.
• Advise manufacturing/project management on new developments in the equipment area in order to optimize current equipment set-up
• Master's degree or equivalent in engineering
• 5 years of experience in leading role in PE blown film extrusion and conversion development
• Proven track record in material, process and technical development for extrusion and conversion of plastic film industry.
OTHER ESSENTIAL REQUIREMENTS
• Proven leadership skills
• Team player
• Familiar with continuous improvement philosophy
• Willing to travel extensively
• Good communicator, working language is English
• Open minded, self-driven, enthusiastic
The Company has over 40 years experience serving the needs of its market through which they have developed an enviable reputation for quality, service and innovation. They are Europe's largest manufacturer of own label and branded household disposables.
Employing over 2,000 people across sites in Europe and Asia, they operate from manufacturing sites in the UK, Poland, Germany and France. The integrated manufacturing and logistics network combines manufacturing efficiency and flexibility with supply chain excellence to competitively serve Europe's leading retailers.
The products are sold by retailers under their own private labels as well as their own well known brands. Products include food and freezer bags, films, foil, bin liners and the like used by millions of people on a daily basis