|Job Ref:||204560073||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Hampshire||City:||Southampton||Address:||Post Code:||SO14||Salary:||£35000 - £40000/annum doe||Post Date:||10/10/2016 17:03|
Development Engineer - Composites Processing and Testing|
Based: Southampton area, Hampshire £35,000 - £40,000 (depending on experience)
Exciting opportunity for highly influential work with growing cutting edge technology company
The Development Engineer will provide technical / engineering support for both Product Development and Manufacturing functions within the business. Role will be focused on developing new concepts as well as managing projects to enhance existing products. Core work involves processing and testing of polymer composite materials. Reporting to the Engineering Director, key responsibilities include:
* planning testing regimes for products ( construction / assembly / set up of test rigs )
* testing for measurement of fundamental mechanical properties of products
* assessing product durability / cycle testing
* validating function of components / assemblies
* supervision of R&D Technicians performing product testing and evaluation tasks
* presentation of test results clearly / thoroughly / accurately via controlled documentation.
Our client is a well-established technology company that has developed a range of specialised products and processes. Manufactured in accordance with rigorous technical specifications, it is supplying some of the world's leading engineering companies.
The successful Development Engineer will have a degree in engineering (mechanical/materials), and considerable industry experience in product development. They must have an established appreciation of disciplines required for rigorous testing / reporting of work within an R&D environment. Specifically you will have the following skills:
* ability to work in a fast development environment with clear focus
* ability to recognise trends in experiments / trials, and react to make efficient changes
* understanding of the fundamentals of materials / mechanical engineering
* excellent verbal / written communication, to report and review within a small team
* interest in applying composite materials related technology ( adhesion / laminate )
* team player
If you wish to be considered for the role of Development Engineer - Composite Evaluation, please forward your CV, stating current remuneration details and availability quoting reference 262306A.
WE REGRET WE CAN ONLY ACCEPT APPLICATIONS FROM PERSONS AUTHORISED TO WORK WITHIN THE UK
Applications are invited with experience in: design development engineer technical technology jobs technician science jobs engineer new product development npd, dnc, cnc process manufacturing engineering production manager manager Southampton jobs Hampshire jobs.
ThreePeople advertises vacancies on behalf of clients. If your CV matches our clients requirements, we will forward your details to them to confirm your suitability. By applying for this role, you consent to the submission of your details for this purpose only. Your CV will not be retained by ThreePeople for future use