|Job Ref:||204559956||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Nottinghamshire||City:||Newark on Trent||Address:||Salary:||£26000 - £28000/annum plus BONUS, OT||Post Date:||10/10/2016 17:03|
Reactive Maintenance Engineer|
Work to be carried out primarily at customer premises throughout the UK and generally within a Railway Environment.
The job will consist of but will not be limited to the following tasks;
- Fault finding electrical/mechanical and repair work.
- Stripping, cleaning, re-assembly of mechanical plant mainly pumping systems both liquid and compressed air.
- Working away from home on contract work as required.
- Out of hours working and overtime working.
- Participation in the 24hour breakdown rota
- Assistance with estimating and preparation of quotations.
- Assistance with preparation of Method Statements & Risk Assessments
- A Company van will be provided.
The successful applicant will need to demonstrate skills in the following areas;
- Sound engineering background, qualification in an electrical engineering discipline essential.
- Experience in relative core areas of Industrial electrical installations and fault finding
- Good interpersonal & communication skills
- Man management and organisational skills.
- Ability to work on his/her own initiative and within a team.
- Ability to work to deadlines
- A knowledge of industrial mechanical plant
- Ability to work to instruction.
- Good health with the ability to carry out manual work.
- A will to learn new disciplines and adapt to market forces.
- Willingness and ability to work safely and to current safety standards
- Electrical qualifications
- 17th edition wiring regulations
- Valid clean driving license
- Compulsory safety training will be required before working on railway property
- The candidate will be required to undergo a medical examination and eyesight & hearing test prior to successful appointment.
Prospects - Always the opportunity to move up to more supervisory roles.
Training - PTS & LUL Courses, CSCS H&S Operative as basic, poss site management, IPAF, PLASMA lots of in house training depending on requirements on site. Continual training is something that all Railway side engineers have to complete
Hours of work - Standard 8.30pm - 5.00pm, possible overtime, include working away overnight when require (Hotel paid). Subsistence of £25/night.
Salary Min-Max: £26-28K
Overtime/Bonus: Bonus -Annually, based on profits. Lots of opportunity for O/T
Holidays: 20 days plus Bank Holidays (5 automatically taken from the 20 for Christmas shut down) rising by half day after 3 years service up to max 25 plus Bank Holidays
Private Healthcare: Scheme paid by the company, no employee contribution required
- All PPE provided
- Free on site parking at office
- Free Drinks facilities