|Job Ref:||204559799||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Stroud||Address:||Post Code:||GU32||Salary:||£28000 - £30000/annum||Post Date:||10/10/2016 17:03|
A fantastic opportunity has become available for a Design Engineer to join an engineering company in Gloucestershire. The ideal candidate will have a strong passion for engineering both inside and outside of work, and will relish the opportunity to design, develop and improve market leading products.|
The successful Design Engineer will be qualified to degree level (BEng/MEng), with a minimum of 2 years post graduate experience.
The position of Design Engineer will involve:
* Development, Design and detailing of Aircraft Refuelling vehicles and associated ground support equipment
* Creation of engineering proposals in support of both the Design department and Sales department operations
* Generation of tender documents from customer specifications
* Selection of components, compilation of BOM's and costing's
* Communication of preliminary designs to both Sales & Design departments
* Creation of 3D CAD models to support the manufacturing process utilising Autodesk Inventor 3D & AutoCAD 2D software
* Project management of contracts from concept through to delivery
* Identify, develop and design new products and concepts in support of the company's core products and drive the company's existing strategy for standardisation
* Assist and provide requisite supervision of production and shop floor personnel where required during manufacture
The following will be expected as a minimum from all Design Engineer applicants:
* Candidates must have a minimum of MEng / BEng in Mechanical Engineering with at least two years post graduation experience.
* Previous experience in the design of fabrications, pipework systems would be beneficial.
* Knowledge of sheet metal, welding, fabrication and GD&T
* Competent in using Autodesk Inventor Pro 3D CAD package and data management software (AutoDesk Vault and Vault Manufacturing)
* An understanding of fluid dynamics, pneumatics and hydraulic systems
* Good communication skills, both written and oral
* Conversant with Microsoft Office products
* Team player
* Ability to work to short deadlines
If you are an experienced Design Engineer, please apply now with an up-to-date CV. An initial interview will be conducted by the recruitment consultancy and you will be required to bring proof of identity and eligibility to work in the UK.
Omega Resource Group Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy