|Job Ref:||204559515||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Nottinghamshire||City:||Nottinghamshire||Address:||Post Code:||NG18||Salary:||£29000 - £33000/annum||Post Date:||10/10/2016 17:03|
Our client designs, develops and manufactures a comprehensive range of products for engineering education and is regarded as a leading provider of technical teaching equipment for schools, colleges and industrial training centres worldwide.|
Due to expansion of their product range an exciting opportunity for a Mechanical Design Engineer has arisen and you will be joining a busy, highly motivated and multi-disciplined engineering team.
You will be responsible for:
Providing technical information and answer technical questions from any source within and outside of the NA and developing new products providing suitable production information for their manufacture and upkeep, and complete the projects within the dates and costs NA, designing, modifying and building products in line with the company's Speciali Projects Procedure maintaining specification and estimated NA Special Projects are completed and returned within the specified NA technical information to assist in the generation of technical NA internal and external staff/customers on related NA Marking including Machinery and Pressure directives.
* University degree in a mechanical based engineering subject that included modules in Maths, Fluid Mechanics, Thermodynamics and Heat Transfer.
* HVAC design experience.
* Use of CAD packages to create engineering and product assembly drawings and artworks.
* Be familiar with and understand manufacturing techniques such as turning, milling (both CNC and conventional), fabrication and folded sheet metal.
* Be familiar with both 2D & 3D CAD Packages.
* Have a thorough understanding of correct presentation of engineering drawings including surface finishes, limits fit and tolerances.
* Experience of using Microsoft office especially excel.
* Good theoretical mechanical engineering knowledge linked to a sound understanding of experimental engineering and experiment design.
* Be able to perform design calculations.
* To be able to analyse experimental data, plot graphs and explain experimental outcomes.
* Understand Bills of Materials (BOMs) and their hierarchy.
Although not essential it would be desirable if you had any of the following:
* Use of FASTCAD, Solidworks, Corel Draw, Microsoft AXAPTA.
* Have worked in design teams dealing with bench topsized electromechanical assemblies.
* Have an aerospace related qualification.
* Ability to project manage and lead.
* Good theoretical knowledge of subsonic and supersonic aerodynamics, thermodynamics and heat transfer