|Job Ref:||204559198||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Birmingham||Address:||Post Code:||B12||Salary:||£35000 - £50000/annum Excellent benefits, pension, flexi w||Post Date:||10/10/2016 18:46|
Senior Engineer - Water (flood protection and drainage projects)|
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Engineer to join the Rivers and Coastal team based in Birmingham, delivering design solutions for river & coastal flood protection and drainage projects across the UK. To be considered, we are seeking candidates with the following credentials:
* Relevant engineering or associated degree
* Chartered Engineer Professional status i.e. MICE or working towards Chartership
* Essential Experience:
* Knowledge and experience of design and construction of fluvial flood alleviation and surface water drainage schemes in the UK.
* Good experience in use of Multi-Coloured Handbook (2013/2014) and the Environment Agency's Flood and Coastal Erosion Risk Management Appraisal Guidance (FCERM-AG), Partnership Funding and Stakeholder Engagement.
* Familiarity with flood risk modelling limitations and ability to interpret results.
* Awareness of Sustainable Drainage Systems (SuDS), previous design experience would be desirable.
* Recent design and Build experience, working closely with Civil Contractors and supply chain.
* Experience in managing commercial aspects of a project
* Knowledge of BIM led design (experience desirable).
* Experience of GIS, AutoCAD or Civils 3D desirable
This is a permanent role