|Job Ref:||204558925||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Nottinghamshire||City:||Nottinghamshire||Address:||Post Code:||NG18||Salary:||£29000 - £33000/annum||Post Date:||10/10/2016 17:05|
Our client designs, develops and manufactures a comprehensive range of products for engineering education and is regarded as a leading provider of technical teaching equipment for schools, colleges and industrial training centres worldwide.|
Due to expansion of their product range an exciting opportunity for an Electrical Engineer has arisen and you will be joining a busy, highly motivated and multi-disciplined engineering team.
You will be responsible for:
* Providing technical information and answering technical questions from any source within our outside the company.
* Designing and developing new products providing suitable production information for their manufacture and upkeep, and complete the projects within the dates and costs specified.
* Estimating, designing, modifying and building products in line with the company's 'Special Projects' Procedure maintaining specification and estimated costs.
* Ensuring Special Project requests are completed and returned within the specified time.
* Providing technical information and liaison to help achieve the planned production schedule.
* Training internal and external staff/customers on related products.
* CE marking including EMC and LVD.
* Providing technical information to assist in the generation of technical manuals.
* HND or above in an electrical engineering or similar discipline.
* Use CAD packages to create schematics and product assembly drawings and artworks.
* Experience of using Microsoft Office.
* Knowledge of control systems, sensors and instrumentation.
* Knowledge of control panel layout and design.
* All round general knowledge of electrical/electronics disciplines.
* Be able to work alone as well as part of a team.
* Use of Orcad, FastCAD, Solidworks electrical, Boardmaker, Corel Draw, Microsoft AXAPTA.
It would also be desirable to have a knowledge of the following:
* Motors, electrical machines and AC/DC variable speed motor drives and control gear.
* PLCs and Ladder Logic.
* Data aquisition systems.
* Analogue electronics.
* Power systems including protection, fault analysis, power quality and smart grids