|Job Ref:||204558814||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Exeter||Address:||Post Code:||EX2||Salary:||£38000 - £52000/annum Excellent benefits + pension + healt||Post Date:||10/10/2016 17:05|
Transport Modeller (Senior or principal)|
Excellent package and prospects
If you are driven by technical excellence, non-conventional design and delivery, creative thinking and progressing your career with a business who works on some of the highest profile and most complex projects globally, then this is your opportunity.
We are holding interviews within the Transportation business and looking for an experienced Senior Transport Modeller to take a significant role in an expanding and highly experienced Strategic Modelling Team serving clients across the South West regions whilst supporting national/international projects.
The role presents an excellent opportunity to progress your career and work within a successful team of transport planning professionals on a wide range of regionally, nationally and internationally based transport planning and modelling projects.
A degree (or equivalent) in a numerate or transport discipline is preferred
A BSc in Engineering, Mathematics, Geography or Economics would be preferred.
We will also expect:
* Proficient in two or more standard strategic or micro-simulation transport modelling packages, e.g. VISUM, SATURN, CUBE, EMME, VISSIM, S-Paramics.
* Experience of collecting and analysing traffic data.
* Experience of building demand matrices, including data processing, demand modelling and forecasting.
* Ability to produce clear, precise and coherent analysis and reports from transport models and transport appraisal techniques.
* Ability to work both as part of a sophisticated multi-disciplinary team as well as possessing the ability to work independently to solve problems.
* You will have experience as a Transport Planner for road and/or public transport studies with the ability to contribute to the success of a range of high profile transport projects.
* Experience of project and client management covering programme, resources, finance and quality control.
* Track record of successfully mentoring and developing junior colleagues and sharing technical knowledge.
* Demonstrate collaborative behaviours and engaging style of delivery.
* Wider experience of local transport planning work e.g. Business Case development, Transport Assessments etc.
* Experience in working with junction modelling software (e.g. Junctions8, TRANSYT, LINSIG etc).
* Experience of statistical analysis / programming.
* Chartered Engineer or other relevant professional accreditation (Chartered Membership).
Fantastic developments prospects and package on offer