|Job Ref:||204562644||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Bedfordshire||City:||Bedfordshire||Address:||Post Code:||SG15||Salary:||£40000 - £45000/annum Benefits||Post Date:||10/10/2016 18:46|
Quality Control Team Leader|
Salary: Up to £45,000 DOE + Benefits
Quality Control Team Leader
My client is a global leader in aerospace design and manufacturing. Based in Bedfordshire, they are currently seeking to recruit a Quality Control Team Leader to join the Quality Department based at their busy site. Reporting to the Quality Manager, the successful candidate will be involved in all aspects of running Quality Control day to day and assume the requirements of the Quality Manager in their absence. As Team Leader you will manage a team of 12 Quality Engineers and Inspectors based on site who report directly into you.
Applications are invited from Quality Engineers / Inspectors who have had previous supervisory / team leadership responsibilities and experience of Quality Control within automotive / aerospace / FMCG / OEM / or similar.
This role covers a range of responsibilities including:
* Directly manage the team of Quality Engineers and Inspectors including performance reviews and identifying training requirements and producing training material as appropriate.
* Allocate duties and delegate work tasks amongst team
* Provide quality improvement leadership by ensuring effective and efficient operation of the team
* Encourage continuous improvement activities and implementation of Lean Manufacturing principles
* Feedback quality issues to production team and find solutions to improve the level of quality
* Manage special projects such as production support activities
* Hold regular customer and supplier meetings and follow up on improvement activities with them
* Report urgent quality issues to the Manager
* Compile and present regular (weekly and monthly) KPI reports to Management and key stakeholders
* Support stage gate reviews of NPI
This is a challenging role; the successful applicant will be flexible, determined and self-motivated. Candidates should hold a technical qualification in a relevant engineering discipline and/or have several years experience in a similar Quality role. You must have previous experience of managing direct reports, successfully leading teams and be able to include examples of implementing the principles of Lean Manufacturing. Candidates must be able to convey technical requirements and constraints to all relevant stakeholders, therefore excellent communication skills and customer facing experience is essential. The role will also involve occasional national and international travel so a driving licence and passport are desirable.
More information available on application. Reference 886066DH
When applying for this role, please indicate your current salary (plus benefits package), minimum salary required, notice period and your reasons for wishing to move from your current company. Alliance Consulting is acting as an employment agency in this respect. Alliance Consulting specialise in the placement of engineers throughout the UK. By sending us your CV you are explicitly consenting to our processing of your personal data on a computer database and/or in manual files for the purpose of evaluating your application for employment. This processing will be carried out in accordance with the UK Data Protection Act 1998. By applying for this role you hereby consent to us submitting your CV to our client. If you do not wish your CV to be sent to our client then you must clearly state this to us. Equally, if there are any companies that you do not wish your CV to be sent to (for whatever reason), then please let us know of this when you apply