|Job Ref:||204562492||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Staffordshire||City:||Staffordshire||Address:||Post Code:||WS7||Salary:||£46000 - £57000/annum DOE+benefits||Post Date:||10/10/2016 17:05|
Job Description For Vacancy No: 228259T|
Consultant: Tim Bees
Our client has been a manufacturer of diesel engines and power solutions for over 75 years, to the highest levels of performance and reliability. They have grown to become one of the leading suppliers of diesel and gas engines in the power solutions market.
Job Location: Staffordshire
Job Position: Manufacturing Engineering Supervisor
Job Status: Permanent
As a Manufacturing Engineering Manager you will lead a medium sized team (15 - 20) and manage manufacturing processes, tooling, gauging and equipment to economically produce product components and assemblies, and provide concurrent process functions from design concept through implementation.
Bachelor degree in a relevant subject, preferably in Manufacturing Engineering
* Equivalent practical relevant experience
* Previous experience of a coaching, mentoring and motivating medium sizes teams
* Experience of the delivery of capital projects
* Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
* Ability to lead, influence & engage others
* Ability to work independently with minimal direction
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
* Demonstrated ability to manage significant projects to deliver improved business results
* Professionally accredited with up to date knowledge & experience of industry best practices and solutions
* Experience within automotive
* 6 Sigma Green or Black Belt Experience
* Previous experience of leading the whole NPI process
* Experience of Lean
Responsibilities: May include, but are not limited to:
* Responsible for supporting the manufacturing operation and Product Groups by leading specific technical functions.
* Supervises Manufacturing Engineering and Support functions for current manufacturing processes, new process justification and implementation, machines, equipment, tooling, work standards, NC programming, gage planning and technical troubleshooting to provide the most efficient and economical manufacturing and assembly of quality products.
* Ensures implementation of modern technology and verifies the effectiveness of equipment and systems. Establishes standards and works with shop personnel to resolve problems related to process, tooling, equipment, etc.
* Responsible for managing manufacturing process elements of new product introduction programs
* Adheres to and seeks to improve established standards, policies and practices relating to quality, cost reduction, safety, ergonomics and affirmative action.
* Provides technical input to the development and reviews capital projects and challenges content of projects for validity and value before sending on to upper management for approval.
* Develops and maintains budgetary controls for the section, establishes and reviews objectives, and provides personnel requirements and future forecasts.
Hours: Full Time - 37
Our Client will consider flexible working options
Travel: Very minimal - up to 10%
Salary/Rate: £46000 - £57000 depending upon experience
Fringe Benefits: Various benefits for permanent staff, including annual bonus, pension, Share Scheme, Death in Service Benefit, 25 days paid holiday in addition to statutory holidays