|Job Ref:||204562276||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Tring||Address:||Post Code:||HP23||Salary:||£40000 - £50000/annum Excellent Benefits||Post Date:||10/10/2016 17:04|
Production Engineering Manager|
Working for an expanding division as a Production Engineering Manager you will take control of leading a team of talented Production Engineers and a CAD drafting team working on constantly improving quality, production process, workflow, manufacturing reliability and productivity across the group. The company have an outstanding reputation for innovation and quality working on a wide range of complex and high tech bespoke electro-mechanical products which are used across the globe. Responsibilities will include:
- Playing a key role in the management team focussing on product and service quality, cost and delivery.
- Guide the development and implementation of manufacturing processes, procedure methodologies and best practices to improve quality, reliability and productivity whilst maintaining cost and delivery objectives.
- Work closely with the product development team on the introduction of new products and modification of current products.
- Ensure goals and objectives of the product lifecycle are achieved and accurately converted into clear manufacturing instructions.
- Work with product development to implement design to manufacture and design to cost strategies.
- Create procedures and practices to meet the standards of quality, performance cost and delivery.
For this role you will need:
- Ideally a degree in electrical/electronic, manufacturing or mechanical engineering.
- Experience of managing and developing teams of production engineers within a hi tech environment.
- CAD understanding.
- Strong background in six sigma, lean manufacturing methodologies.
- A good knowledge of product life cycle, new product introduction and stage gate processes