|Job Ref:||204558791||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Wembley||Address:||Post Code:||HA9||Salary:||£48000 - £51500/annum Shift Allowance £3,500||Post Date:||10/10/2016 17:04|
Job Title: Electrical Test Engineers (Rolling Stock)|
Job Locations: South West, Midlands, South Yorkshire, London, South East, North East & Scotland
Salary: £48,000.00k + Shift Allowance = £51,500.00k
Shifts: Days, Nights & Weekends
Hours per Week: 37+
Start Date: ASAP
Industries Considered: Rolling Stock (4 years+ experience ideally)
Test Engineers (Rail Rolling Stock) Test and Commissioning Function
Our client is a global leader in the provision of integrated rolling stock solutions. They have secured significant contracts in the UK to supply new fleets of vehicles to numerous train operators. Innovation in design, manufacture and assembly has ensured that their products attain the highest standards in safety, reliability, maintainability, efficiency and environmental regard. The company has made significant investment in the UK in terms of engineering capability, assembly and maintenance infrastructure to ensure that their business stays at the forefront of the UK rail rolling stock sector for decades to come.
We are looking for experienced ( four years minimum in similar role) rolling stock Test Engineers to be an integral part of their successful growth and further development. Reporting to the Test Manager you will cover type and dynamic testing, fault finding and rectification of pre and in service vehicles covering electrical systems and associated mechanical systems, components and equipment.
***** Please note you will be required to work throughout your designated region as well as travel to UK test sites, depots and project offices (some projects require overseas testing). Working shifts will also be needed to suit. (most commonly nights and engineering hours).
* Carry out Test and Commissioning duties.
* Maintain the condition of the work site, materials and equipment including Rolling Stock
* Responsible for the installation, maintenance and fault rectification of the train borne test equipment.
* Read and extract information from test specifications, method statements, rolling stock drawings and maintenance specifications
* Adhere to health, safety, environmental & quality practices in the workplace
* Prepare for and undertake planned and unplanned maintenance activities
* Prepare for and undertake the removal and replacement of traction and rolling stock components and test equipment
* Identify, assess and rectify defects and discrepancies on rolling stock assets
* Support good working relationships with Network Rail, Test Suppliers and the Test Operator
* Responsible for the accurate recording of test results gained within the test program.
* Feedback to the Test Engineers any issues with Train Equipment, Test Equipment or Services during the test program
* Able to liaise with the Test Engineers on a day to day basis in order to resolve technical issues.
* Work closely with the Maintenance Engineer's to identify any issue within the test program that is likely to impact the through life maintenance.
* To confirm that traction and rolling stock assets comply with operational specifications by the use of engineering processes and techniques.
Position holder must be able to interface effectively with all levels of personnel both within and outside the company, be able to produce effective and compliant test activity and data reports
Be able to undertake / carry full PTS certification.
* Mechanical & Electrical HNC or served apprenticeship with mechanical, electrical disciplines and or Engineering based NVQ level 3.
* Sound knowledge of, and compliance to, rules and regulations
* Good written and verbal communication skills
* Able to represent the business in a professional manner at all times
* Good team worker
Licences / Competences
* Intermediate IT skills - typically Word, Excel
If you wish to be considered for this role please send your CV, copy of qualifications and ID (Passport) OR alternatively call Rob on (Apply online only).
PLEASE NOTE ALL APPLICANTS MUST BE ABLE TO PASS AN DRUGS AND ALCOHOL TEST BEFORE BEING OFFERED A POSITION (this is standard procedure on Rail depots)