|Job Ref:||204558435||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Poole||Address:||Post Code:||CW5||Salary:||£35000/annum||Post Date:||10/10/2016 17:04|
Design Engineer |
Due to company growth our client, an international boat building company, is seeking a Design Engineer to join them in this exciting new role.
Your remit will be to assist in the design and development of projects new and existing, from modelling components through to producing fully resolved drawings to be issued to production.
The main tasks will be;
• To design and produce production drawings for various components and sub-assemblies for both new and existing projects, primarily using Siemens NX 3-D design software but also using Autocad 2-D as required.
• To design, model and draught all aspects of design including hull, deck and flybridge fittings and their respective sub-assemblies. Ensuring that all work is carried out within drawing office procedures and protocols.
• To be able to communicate all design information clearly to others involved in the design and production of the project (working in liaison with the purchasing and planning department).
• To continually ensure the bill of materials (BOM) is populated with the correct design related parts information both in S-Drive and in SAP.
• To be able to work on projects as part of a small and focused team as well as issuing design information to tight deadlines with minimum supervision where required.
• To produce drawings that are suitable for production, classification societies and formatted in such a way that they are suitable for owner's manuals.
• To continually strive to develop personal skill and knowledge in all aspects of marine design, to enable future advancement in both personal ability, and future larger products.
You will need;
• Experienced of Design, Production / engineering using 3-D and 2-D design software.
• Experience within the marine industry is not a necessity.
• Computer literacy is a requirement, with a sound knowledge of 3-D design software, Autocad 2-D design software and spreadsheet ability preferred.
Based in Poole with salary on offer £35,000 plus benefits.
To apply or for more information contact Ross at Mploy Christchurch