|Job Ref:||204557488||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Surrey||City:||Dorking||Address:||Post Code:||RH4||Post Date:||10/10/2016 17:04|
Job Title: Electrical Design Engineer |
Location: Dorking, Surrey
Salary: £Negotiable DOE + Benefits
My client is an established Mechanical and Electrical engineering business providing solutions to their prestigious client base. Due to continued growth and expansion they now have a vacancy for an Electrical Design Engineer to be based at their site in Dorking, Surrey.
The successful Electrical Design Engineer will produce the design of numerous electrical installations across a range of exciting projects. Please note the role is predominantly office based, flexibility towards travel to customer sites is required as part of your responsibilities, although this will only be occasional.
This permanent position presents itself as an excellent opportunity to join an expanding company. The salary is negotiable dependant on your experience and the position comes with a great holiday package; 26 days plus bank holidays. Suitable applicants are encouraged to make an immediate application.
- Responsible for the design, specification and procurement of cable, control gear, building services equipment and associated items for low voltage power distribution & control for fixed industrial installations.
- Working individually or as part of a team, reporting to the Engineering Manager and to individual Project Managers for the projects to which you are assigned.
- Liaise with clients and site installation teams to produce quality installations consistent with the company's fine reputation.
- LV cable design; calculation of power cable cross-sectional areas in accordance with BS7671, production of Block Cable Diagrams for power, control and instrumentation, design & specification of power distribution and control equipment, verification of protective device discrimination in LV distribution systems.
- HV cable design; calculation and verification of cable cross-sectional areas up to and including 11kV.
- Building services; design and specification of fire, intruder and gas detection systems, design and specification of internal and external lighting for industrial plants, design and specification of small power distribution (socket outlets, lighting circuits, etc.).
- Strong electrical engineering background with a relevant electrical engineering qualification.
- Ability to read and interpret electrical panel schematic drawings.
- IT Literate; with experience of using computer-based design software for cable & lighting calculations would be advantageous.
- Experience of PLC's and associated network cabling would also be of benefit.
- Effective communication skills with the ability to interface with customers at all levels.
- Team player with the ability to work on own initiative.
- Ability and willingness to travel.
- Full driving licence.
- £Negotiable salary payable depending on experience.
- 26 days holiday + statutory bank holidays.
- Company pension scheme and health insurance package after qualifying period
- Challenging and varied working environment.
- Opportunity to join an established and reputable business