|Job Ref:||204557409||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Leicestershire||City:||Leicestershire||Address:||Post Code:||LE65||Salary:||£40000 - £45000/annum||Post Date:||10/10/2016 17:03|
Maloy & Flynn recruitment are currently looking for a skilled Controls System Engineer for a aluminium extrusion company in Leicestershire.|
• Have an in-depth understanding of industrial control systems (electrical, hydraulic and pneumatic) and use that knowledge for debugging and troubleshooting operational problems.
• Fault finding and repair of control system and machine faults.
• Carry out or oversee planned preventative maintenance activities, assist in the creation of PPM schedules and activities.
• Identify and carry out improvements to control systems for operational efficiency, replacing obsolete components and systems or increasing safety levels.
• Have an understanding of modern machinery safety devices, safety control systems and safety standards.
• Monitoring, debugging and programming of PLC and HMI's.
• Reading, maintaining and improving control system documentation, including program listings, electrical, hydraulic and pneumatic schematic diagrams.
• Providing expert technical support to shift maintenance engineers.
• Assist in the training of shift maintenance engineers.
• Provide out of hours call out and remote support in the event of emergency breakdowns.
Experience and skills
• Technical knowledge to setup electronic control systems for mechanical equipment including integrating electrical wiring requirements to pneumatic and hydraulic systems
• Ability to understand wiring schematics, electrical drawings circuits and computer programming
• Understanding of automation principles
• Comfortable in a re-active and PPM environment
• Must have logical approach to fault finding
• Previous experience in a bespoke manufacturing environment
• Able to use own initiative when required