|Job Ref:||204557279||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Lancashire||City:||Catterall||Address:||Post Code:||PR3||Salary:||£15.55 - £19.13/hour||Post Date:||10/10/2016 18:47|
Rullion Engineering Limited are currently recruiting on behalf of a large Utilities company based in the Northwest for an Instrumentation Field Service Engineer on a contract basis. We have been providing our client with experienced Individuals for over 10 years helping to deliver a high number of projects within the Industry.|
You will be responsible for completing verification, calibration, repair and servicing activities across a wide range of instruments within a designated geographical area of the region of The North West. Ensuring in-full and on time delivery of scheduled cyclic program and associated work orders in line with SLA's (Service Level Agreements). You will operate, verify, calibrate and service instruments in a cost effective and efficient manner to achieve the quality, regulatory, statutory and safety standards required by the company. Carrying out regulated M-Cert inspection, recertification, verification and maintenance programs to ensure company compliance is maintained to Environment Agency standards. You will carry out planned inspection, recertification, verification and maintenance on identified scheduled Quality and Flow assets, to ensure we can provide an auditable trail to our regulators.
Conduct PCW (Person Coordinating Work) duties in relation to all M-Cert Re-certifications. Liaison with External M-Certs inspectors on a regular basis. Perform planned calibration activities in accordance with set processes, procedures, manufacturer instructions and FMEA (Failure Modes Effects Analysis) work bank Production of a range of reports, and certification in accordance with our quality standards justifying auditable trails.
Uploading and control of a range of asset specific regulated documentation to QAS (Quality Assurance System).
Liaising with a range of key stakeholders across the business in relation to M-Certs, providing M-Cert field related expertise, support and problem solving. Failure to maintain annual/5yr verification/recertification would result in the client being non-compliant and MCert potential for M-Cert scheme license being removed from the client.
• Safely, effectively and efficiently deliver planned cyclic activities, including some unplanned activities determined by business needs across a range of instruments deemed applicable by Maintenance Strategy FMEA work bank.
• Verification, calibration, servicing of instruments in accordance with cyclic schedule and prioritising best utilisation of time.
• Complete basic servicing, minor adjustments and remedial work appropriate to the level of competence and training.
• Ensure set targets are met supporting our business plan, department/company objectives and KPI's.
• Asset data collection, validation, amendment in line with the ARDR (Asset registration, Deregistration) procedure.
• M-Cert annual verifications and 5 year re-certifications in line with the EA minimum requirements for the self-monitoring of effluent flow.
• Profiling of planned work with support from Technical Coordinators.
• Produce reports and certification for all instrument verifications and calibrations.
• Uploading of all documentation via QAS to agreed standards (Also SharePoint when applicable).
• Carry out in accordance with work authorisation policy 'Person Co-ordinating Work' duties.
• Liaise, plan and arrange all M-Cert Re-certifications with site owners and external inspectors.
• Liaise and report to site operations/maintenance any defective, failed, faulty assets not within remit to repair and contact work planning to raise necessary work orders in line with correct priorities.
• Electronic work order download, upload, and completion to good data quality standards. Contribute towards the training, mentoring and coaching of apprentices including any other company colleagues where applicable.
• Support and implement improvements in the delivery of planned cyclic activities and future strategy of the Regional Planned Team.
• Ensure we remain compliant with the EA's minimum requirements for the self-monitoring of effluent flow.
• Technical advice, problem solving and recommendations to other business area's on M-Cert flow systems.
• Provide guidance and advice on MAMS FX &QX systems.
• Issue of general flow meter condition reports to Wastewater Production Teams.
• Issue M-Cert fail reports, monitor resolution by supporting Wastewater Production Teams.
• Issue Pass/Fail/Unsuccessful notifications to Wastewater Production teams and update QAS.
• Preparation and attendance at regulatory audits by SIRA and internal audits by QA team where applicable.
• Resolution of non-conformance from internal and external audits. (verification section).
• Ordering of spares and parts ready for instrument servicing activities.
Knowledge and Skills
• Good understanding of the client's vision, values, goals, objectives, KPI's
• Good understanding of regulatory M-Certs, associated processes, procedures, and the client's standards within the Water and Wastewater business.
• Good knowledge and experience of key IT systems for reporting, data analysis and access, e.g. Various manufacturer software (ABB calmaster, verimaster, Pulsar, Thermo-Gafa, Siemens Sitrans) STS, Profibus, SAP, FMEA, Catapult, One Workbook, ESS, eLearning, Searchlight/ARDR, QAS, SharePoints, and MS Office.
• Technical knowledge of Water and Wastewater site process/operations/maintenance
• Good understanding of the EA regulatory requirements for self-monitoring of effluent flow
• Good understanding of the DWI regulatory requirements for calibration and verification of Quality and Flow assets on our Water sites.
• Good understanding of the technical aspects related to instrumentation manufacturers, MCert flow systems, quality instrumentation, verification, calibration and servicing maintenance activities
• H&S policies and procedures for work authorisation/PCW duties
• You will have a flexible approach with a proven ability to deliver programs of work on time to required standards
• Good communication skills - able to develop good relationships with Production Area teams and other critical business areas (Flow Compliance Team - Regulatory Services, Internal Audit)