|Job Ref:||204560702||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Riyadh||Address:||Post Date:||10/10/2016 17:06|
Electrical Engineer |
- Establishing design concepts for lighting, fire alarm, and special systems.
- Designing of power distribution systems including associated load, fault current and voltage drop calculations.
- Carrying out design reviews at appropriate intervals during the design process.
- Carrying out detailed design coordination with other disciplines.
- Managing other professionals on a project basis (engineers, BIM/CAD technicians, and support staff) and ensuring that work produced is to the required quality, produced on time, and within budget.
- Responding to site RFIs, conducting reviews of specialist suppliers or contractor prepared designs, and attending site meetings to resolve construction issues.
- In depth knowledge of local electrical regulations, international design standards and codes of practice.
- Knowledge of building management systems as well as other electronic systems as applicable to modern buildings and systems integration along with Revit MEP, AutoCAD and Microsoft Office applications.
- Manage the technical delivery of projects and designs. Manage the Clients' brief and Client interface, evaluate and set the design guidelines for projects, lead and manage the MEP concept designs and affect execution strategies for projects.
- At Concept Design (CD) and/or Schematic Design (SD) stage, ensure that appropriate alternative concepts are proposed and that these have been tested and Value Engineered.
- Monitor project progress, and report to Engineering Director on actual or anticipated time and/or man-hours
- Ensure a positive professional attitude while dealings with other design disciplines, clients and other members of the project team
- Provide high-quality service to clients in a flexible, innovative, responsive and cost effective manner.
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited institution
- Professional registration with a relevant international engineering body such as IEE, IEEE or equivalent is advantageous.
- Prior experience gained within a Consultancy environment in the Gulf Region is advantageous.
- Thorough knowledge of building codes and standards as well as industry practices.
- Basic knowledge of local and international building codes, and structural / architectural industry practices.
- Fluency in English, verbal and written. Proficiency in Arabic will be highly regarded.
Impressive salary and package