About WSP | Parsons Brinckerhoff|
WSP | Parsons Brinckerhoff, one of the world's leading engineering and professional services consulting firms, provides services designed to transform the built environment and restore the natural one. The firm's expertise ranges from environmental remediation and urban planning, to engineering iconic buildings and designing sustainable transport networks, to developing the energy sources of the future and enabling new ways of extracting essential resources. Approximately 34,000 employees, including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors, program and construction management professionals, as well as various environmental experts, work for this dynamic organization in more than 500 offices across 40 countries worldwide. NA
WSP|Parsons Brinckerhoff is currently looking to hire a Supervising Geotechnical Engineer to work in the Turnpike Operations Office in Pompano Beach, FL. The Senior Geotechnical Engineer will provide field oversight and technical support to CEI's to monitor testing and inspection of earthwork and foundation construction for conformance to FDOT contract requirements. Under the direction of the DGE, the selected candidate will provide geotechnical construction support services to CEI project staff including making field decision on the approval of changes in procedures based on site conditions.
This position requires frequent travel to support geotechnical operations on construction projects. Occasionally, work will be required during weekend, evening, or overnight hours. The Supervising Geotechnical Engineer will provide services in the following areas:
This position will report to the Turnpike (District) Geotechnical Engineer (DGE) and will require extensive travel between project sites located between Fort Pierce and Florida City.
• Review and provide recommendations for improvements on design plans, shop drawings and geotechnical reports for completeness and conformance to FDOT Standards
• Review and provide recommendations for acceptance on Pile Installation Plan, Drilled Shaft Installation Plan, and Auger Cast Pile Installation Plan. Coordinate schedule and deliverables with dynamic testing consultants (PDA or EDC) and drilled shaft testing consultants
• Review and provide recommendations for acceptance on results of dynamic testing (PDA or EDC) and signal matching analysis (CAPWAP or other programs) and review recommendations for production pile lengths and pile driving criteria
• Provide recommendations for acceptance based on review of results of drilled shaft testing, including Cross-Hole Sonic Logging (CSL) and thermal testing
• Review and provide recommendations on Foundation Certification Packages for Design-Build projects
• Provide technical support to CEI inspectors during installation of production piles, drilled shafts, and auger cast piles including training on log preparation and field acceptance criteria
• Provide geotechnical quality assurance and field approval on installation of production piles, drilled shafts, and auger cast piles through spot review of equipment and procedures in the field and review of installation records
• Provide geotechnical support to CEI inspectors during construction of retaining walls and pre-stressed soil anchors including performing analysis to verify loads and providing field verification and approval of testing and installation procedures
• Assist in inspection of spread footings and drilled shafts to verify the validity of estimated soil or rock conditions, in monitoring of geotechnical instrumentation programs, in load tests, in construction vibration issues, and provide other assistance as unforeseen geotechnical problems arise
• Provide technical support on claim issues related to geotechnical problems
• Assist in managing the contracts of geotechnical consultants and oversee their performance, including staff hours
• Coordinate with FDOT District Materials Laboratories, State Material Office, private testing and materials laboratories that may provide geotechnical support
• Bachelor's Degree in Geotechnical Engineering from an accredited university
• 10 years of related experience
• Knowledge of Geotechnical Properties, Test Methods, and Specifications
• Understanding of dynamic load testing and NDT testing of foundations such as CSL, EDC and PDA.
• Skill in using software for Word Processing and Spreadsheets
• Ability to perform as a team player and work to achieve goals in a team environment
• Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing
• Ability to accomplish assignments without direct supervision
• Ability to operate a motor vehicle in a safe manner
The selected candidate must have the ability to work in the United States immediately.
• M.S. in Geotechnical Engineering preferred
Considering local candidates only.
EOE / Veteran/ Disability/ Gender (M-F)/Gender Identity/ Sexual Orientation