|Job Ref:||MVA16-5846||Employer:||General Dynamics US||Country:||United States||County/State:||Virginia||City:||Marion||Address:||Post Date:||20/10/2016 05:14|
Manages or performs activities associated with the contracts function, ranging from initial customer contact and appropriate disclosure agreements, to the proposal stage, to timely and effective negotiations and order execution and booking, to effective contract management and issue prevention and resolution, through contract close. This includes: leading contract discussions and negotiations; reviewing contract terms and conditions and offering alternative arrangements to address issues and differences; communicating contract requirements to the organization; managing contract changes and monitoring performance to meet company objectives which include timely customer payment; and ensure efficient allocation of resources to those ends.|
• Must be expert at contract interpretation.
• Perform role of functional contracts expert for business teams.
• Ensure subordinate staff member understand and comply with GD Corporate and GD- OTS policies, procedures and work instructions, as well as governmental and commercial procurement laws, regulations and policy guidance.
Bachelors degree from an accredited college in a business-related discipline. MBA or other advanced degree preferred.
Evidence of continuing professional education and development a plus.
Well organized with proven management and leadership skills. Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment with program management personnel and customers.
15 or more years of applicable experience, which must include five yeas of experience with a DoD contractor.
• Expert with FAR and DFARS regulations
• Effective experience with Uniform Commercial Code (UCC)
• Direct supervision/management of contracts staff
• Thorough understanding of DoD Government Contracting Process.