|Job Ref:||201892523||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||London||Address:||Post Code:||WC1A||Salary:||£40000 - £50000/annum||Post Date:||10/10/2016 18:47|
M&E Contracting - Project M&E Quantity Surveyor - London/Herts - £40k - £50k + Package|
A great opportunity exists to join one of the M&E Industry's leading businesses. As a result of continued growth over the last year this client is looking to strengthen their commercial team with an experienced Project M&E Quantity Surveyor.
The company offer a competitive salary of £40,000 - £45,000 basic + Car/Travel Allowance + Pension + 20 Days Holiday + Private Healthcare.
You will need to be a either a qualified M&E Quantity Surveyor or currently studying for your degree with a minimum of 5 years' experience working within a well-established M&E Contractor. A stable career history and strong work ethic are considered essential for this position.
A mechanical bias is desirable for this position, although not essential.
Typical project values range from £1 mill to £5 mill although the business does regularly undertake large value M&E projects.
• Measurement, valuation and agreement of sub-contract accounts.
• Involvement in tenders including negotiations with client and design team.
• Assistance in identification of potential risks and opportunities on projects.
• Assistance in preparation of tender documents e.g. contractor's proposals.
• Assistance in preparation of project budgets.
• Assistance in the preparation of post contract Operation and Maintenance Manuals.
• Assistance in the selection of sub-contractors to undertake the works and subsequent appointment.
• Preparation of monthly cost and value reports and reconciliation.
• Preparation and continual development of Cash Flow Forecasts.
• Management and agreement of change both pre and post contract.
• Providing commercial and contractual advice to project management team with respect design development.
You will be expected to manage multiple projects; producing accurate project costing's and cost management programs. You will be able to demonstrate strong contractual knowledge of both JCT and NEC forms of contract.
If you would like further details regarding this position or alternatively like to submit your application, please contact David Mead on (Apply online only) or alternatively email