|Job Ref:||204057750||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Bedfordshire||City:||Bedfordshire||Address:||Post Code:||SG15||Salary:||£32000/annum||Post Date:||11/10/2016 09:04|
Night Shift Engineer|
Based in Bedfordshire
Job ref: KS/35066
Shift: Rotating Double Day shift; 6 on, 3 off, earlies/lates
Main Objective of the Role:
- To provide an engineering maintenance and breakdown service for the manufacturing equipment
Key Responsibility Areas:
- Implementation of engineering work instructions and training documentation as and when required.
- Continuous improvement of all related production equipment to drive OEE up and above specified targets and to reduce scrap to below specified targets.
- To ensure PPM is completed on time and all T-card systems are updated. Notification to be given to the Production Shift Manager when scheduled time lines are not met with reasons why.
- All spares used need to be logged on the T-card system and updated/re-ordered in suitable time.
- A high level of house-keeping is required at all times, sufficient time should be allocated at the end of your shift to clean your working area and put all tools away in a professional manner.
- Investigation of reoccurring faults and follow up action is essential, the engineer has the responsibility to send equipment back to manufactures for analysis and repair.
- To log all major breakdowns per shift on the maintenance fault log.
- Ensure a high level of health and safety is adhered to at all time`s leading by example.
- To communicate with department Shift Managers or deputies and prioritise work loads in times of multiple breakdowns.
- 4 year recognised engineering apprenticeship
- NVQ level 1, 2 & 3 in a related engineering principle
- ONC in mechanical or electrical engineering.
- Minimum of 5 years in a similar role.
- Technical awareness of manufacturing, including detailed understanding of moulding, tooling, robotics, assembly and PLC programming.
- Proven analytical and decision making skills.
- Computer literate.
- Strong communication skills, both verbally and written.
- Able to prioritise and work to tight deadlines
- Operate effectively under pressure
- Able to analyse faults and correct using a logical approach.
- Positive `can do` attitude
- Integrity; Helpful and considerate; Trustworthy; Ability to work as part of a team
- Self motivated
For EU roles, candidates must be eligible to work and live in the European Union.
Proof of eligibility will be required with your application.
Listgrove Ltd - Celebrating 40 Successful Years of UK and International Recruitment and HR Services
PLASTICS - PETROCHEMICALS - PACKAGING - CHEMICALS - ENERGY - ENVIRONMENT
Listgrove Limited Registered in England No: 1197713
During 2016 and 2017 visit us at the following exhibitions: Saudiplas, Plastteknik Sweden, PDM UK, Fachpack Germany, Kunststoffen Netherlands, K Germany, Interpack Germany
Follow us on: LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Google+,Blogger, Pinterest -
Member of: British Plastics Federation Business Support Network; The Packaging Federation; Society of Plastic Engineers