|Job Ref:||203377695||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Buckinghamshire||City:||Uxbridge||Address:||Post Code:||UB10||Salary:||£30000 - £45000/annum Plus excellent benefits||Post Date:||10/10/2016 18:47|
An opening has arisen for a Project Engineer / Manager working with a world leading manufacturer and designer of products for the aerospace / defence industry. |
The position is responsible for managing a number of projects, by providing the technical point of contact with the customer and coordinating the company's internal resources to deliver customer requirements. The client has said they will take someone with experience in production control or who have a manufacturing background with a good degree. This could be your first or second job...
SALARY: Excellent salary to £45K, career progression, bonus, pension, canteen, good holidays etc...
1. Provide management and oversight of a number of programmes and smaller projects, including:
a. Define the project objectives, determine communication to internal resources and allocate tasks.
b. Identify requirements for company resources.
c. Provide forecasting and assist in prioritising deliveries for seat production
d. Prepare proposals. Conduct and assist in contract negotiations.
e. Support the global business - production, development opportunities and exhibitions
f. Provide technical guidance and oversight to other disciplines within the project, including customers and suppliers.
g. Coordinate meetings and reviews, on site and off-site locations
h. Ensure product and programme adherence to legal and contractual obligations
2. Data transfer - provide and maintain the customer interface throughout the formal data transfer process (preliminary and standard data reviews) and / or informal data reviews, whilst incorporating a focus on internal customer/supplier relationships.
3. Hardware and assets - definition and management of programme hardware and assets and associated cost. Control of customer furnished equipment.
4. Project deliverables - manage internal and external relationships to ensure project deliverables are achieved i.e. project planning and control, (capture, collect and track costs, raise invoice instructions etc.)
5. Point of contact -provide the primary point of contact and liaison with the customer throughout the project life-cycle.
6. Proposal - prepare / create the technical proposal definition, including necessary documents such as SOW. Generation of all labour hours, hardware requirements and project cost data.
7. Programme Team - task coordination across the multi-disciplined Programme team matrix as Subject matter Expert (SME) within specific context of the Programme.
8. Schedule management - manage the programme schedule internally; plan and organise what is required and when, acting as the customer interface.
SECONDARY ACTIVITIES / TASKS
1. To undertake any other duties and responsibilities as required / instructed in order to maintain and / or improve the efficiency, quality and service provided by the Programmes Department.
2. To undertake business travel abroad or within the UK as and when required.
EXPERIENCE & KNOWLEDGE
• Broad project management experience underpinned by a thorough knowledge and understanding of engineering disciplines (design/test/manufacturing).
• Extensive experience of presentation design, development and delivery including customer facing.
• Some experience of multi-faceted, externally facing negotiations.
• Some experience in Risk Management techniques and their application.
• Broad experience of managing customer interface.
SPECIFIC TECHNICAL SKILLS REQUIRED
• Relationship building/interpersonal skill-set.
• Thorough communication written, oral and presentation skills - presentation design and delivery forms a significant part of the job holder's remit.
• Thorough planning, organising and administration/project management skill; proficient in MS Office (Excel and Project).
• Highly honed IT and data analysis skill (i.e. turning raw data into 'sound'/robust information).
• Strong Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or Equivalent
RELEVANT PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS
Desirable - • Member of the Institute of Mechanical / Aeronautical Engineers, APM or similar.
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIREMENT - YES
All applicants for this role must have a British Passport
Interested and feel you have the skills required for this opening, please apply now and we will be happy to recommend you