|Job Ref:||203652986||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Hertfordshire||City:||Stevenage||Address:||Post Code:||SG1||Salary:||£46.25/hour||Post Date:||02/10/2016 02:08|
Sub-System Equipment Lead :|
World class Defence Organisation based in Stevenage, Hertfordshire is currently looking to recruit 2x Sub-System Equipment Leads.
The role is a mixture of technical, Project and People management. Your technical depth needs to be fairly broad and related to the technologies within the defence industry. You will be a design authority, which means you own the packages of work, the funding the plan etc.. some of which can be £5m+ in value. You will also need to be able to lead a team of people, motivate them and deal with their day to day needs, such as development etc.. as well.
Please Note: you must be eligible for SC (Secret Level) Security Clearance.
The contract is initially for 12 months (ongoing after). The hourly rate is £46.25 per hour
Sub-System Equipment Lead Job Description:
The Electronics Design Function (EE) is responsible for the design and delivery of all types of complex Electronics Sub-Systems for harsh environments.
To accomplish this we need highly capable individuals for an initial 1 year contract to lead the development of one or more of these subsystems.
The role requires people who have up to date technical skills in Electronics and a good appreciation of Mechanical and Software design and a thorough understanding of what is required to design a product for the defence environment.
As well as technical leadership (as Design Authority for the product) there is an amount of project management in the role as well as man management.
Skills and Experience:
Candidates will typically have the following attributes:
• Ideally degree qualified in a Engineering discipline e.g. Electronics
• Substantial relevant experience and background in electronics and electronic technologies, preferably within harsh environments
• Solid track record and evidence of managing the development and delivery of electronic equipment
• Experience in engineering leadership/management
• Excellent team building and management skills with the ability and experience of managing technical individuals within large, multi-disciplined teams
• Highly developed planning and organisation skills with experience and ability to manage multiple projects at any given time
• Strong negotiating and influencing skills
• Strong commercial outlook, disciplined with focus and desire to achieve objectives whilst maintaining a balance between time/quality/cost