|Job Ref:||203661293||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Wolverhampton||Address:||Post Code:||WV1||Post Date:||10/10/2016 18:46|
EDM programmer and setter
TTL tool room
Main purposes of job
NA program Sodick wire eroders using feature cam and set charmillis spark eroder.
2. To work to customer drawings and specifications with the minimum of supervision following training.
3. To work to tight tolerances and check your own work
4. To work on your own initiative and understand the manufacturing processes.
5. Report any tooling required to Supervisor.
6. Prove out programs at the machine ensuring the highest quality is maintained at all times.
7. Keep a clean and manageable working area.
8. Fulfil training programs deemed necessary to allow efficient performance of duties and assist in your personal development.
9. keep any manufacturing documents up to date including Inspection and process sheets.
10. To take a responsible approach to health & safety and environmental risks in relation to your own job role and to control the risks or report them to management ass appropriate.
11. Any other duties as required.
Key Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
� Good math skills, especially algebra, trigonometry.
� Good active listening skills.
� Must have good problem solving skills.
� Must have excellent time management skills.
� Must have good organizational and planning skills.
� Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
� Must be mechanically inclined.
� Must be highly detail oriented.
� Must be able to work effectively with little or no supervision.
. Must be able to read and understand complicated drawings.
.Must be able to work to fine tolerance.
� Knowledge of Health & safety measures pertinent to each job assignment.
Education and Experience � Tool making apprenticeship
� Contract toolroom experience
� Experience programming wire erode machines.
� Experience setting spark erode machines
� Experience investigating and developing new manufacturing processes.
� Experience manufacturing complicated fixture for the aerospace industry.