|Job Ref:||203692140||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||Croydon||Address:||Post Code:||CR0||Salary:||£30000 - £44000/annum||Post Date:||18/10/2016 14:22|
Tool Room Manager .|
A leading manufacturers and suppliers, products are used in major industrial environments all over the world.
In this role you will be responsible for the development of tooling / machines from design to commissioning and customer approval, delivering solutions using best practice under strict timescales.
• The ideal candidate will have come from a tooling background with a desire to move into a tool room / project management role.
• This is an ideal role for a hands on toolmaker / engineering manager to join a dynamic leading edge company that is investing in its people and technology in order to develop the business further and to become world class within the spring and pressings industry.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
1. You will be responsible for managing the toolmakers and entire tool room department.
2. You will be responsible in the development of tooling from concept through design, build on to commissioning.
3. Manage the supply of new tools and improvements / maintenance of existing tools in line with customer expectations.
4. Direct line management of 8 toolmakers and to work closely with sales department on new projects.
5. To develop the tool room technology and people with the objective of satisfying customer demands.
6. Monitor and maintain a safe workshop environment in accordance with Health and Safety procedures.
7. Ability to work to deadlines and to plan, organise and prioritise own and others work activities over weeks/months ahead in order to satisfy customer expectations.
8. Ability to develop effective working relationships with all levels of staff and customers.
9. To take on other responsibilities as allocated by the Production Manager