|Job Ref:||203706618||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Buckinghamshire||City:||Milton Keynes||Address:||Post Code:||MK9||Post Date:||10/10/2016 18:32|
Maintenance and Repair of waste collection vehicles and equipment consisting of various makes, models and types, ranging from car derived vans to Artic Units and trailers.|
Main Duties include:
• Maintenance and repair of waste collection vehicles to meet current legislations, health & safety and DVSA standards.
• Carry out scheduled inspections and services to ensure compliance with the company's operator license and DVSA regulations.
• Complete service and repair documentation and any other maintenance documentation in accordance with company standards and legal requirements.
• Repair and maintenance of hydraulic, electrical and pneumatic systems.
• Fault diagnosis and rectification of defects including hydraulic, pneumatic and electrical.
• Maintain a high standard of housekeeping across all sections of OHSAS18001 accredited workshop.
Skills and experience needed:
• Apprentice trained through a recognised apprenticeship scheme with the motor vehicle industry.
• Motor industry qualification: City & Guilds, BTEC, NVQ
• Previous experience of servicing, maintaining and repairing vehicles to meet current legislative requirements.
• Previous experience of completing service and repair documentation and records to meet required standards.
• Understanding of vehicle and body electrical, hydraulic and pneumatic systems.
• Up to date knowledge of basic H&S legislation and practice and DVSA requirements.
• Interpersonal skills
• Good organisational and self-motivated and able to work individually and as part of a large team.
• Willingness to work flexibly as part of a rotating shift system.
• Ability to work safely in a physically demanding role.
Skills and experience advantageous:
• Achieved Technician status through IRTEC examination.
• Previous experience of maintaining and repairing waste handling equipment, including the overhaul of electrical hydraulic and pneumatic systems.
• Class 2 LGV licence
• Previous experience of working in the waste industry
• Waste management industry knowledge