|Job Ref:||203828953||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Birmingham||Address:||Post Code:||B12||Post Date:||18/10/2016 13:58|
PM Group is an international engineering, architecture and project management firm. We collaborate with many leading private companies and major public sector organizations, and are currently involved with 30 major projects throughout Europe, Asia, USA and the Middle East. Established in 1973, PM Group now employs over 1700 people, based in 25 locations worldwide. Our areas of specialty are in the Pharmaceutical, Bio-pharmaceutical, Food & Beverage, Advanced Manufacturing, and Energy sectors. |
The successful candidate will play a key role in the Mechanical Building Services Department of PM Group's UK Operations. This person will be responsible for all the usual day-to-day duties associated with the specialty Building Services Engineering , both office and site based, with clients, suppliers and with colleagues throughout the PM Group.
• Carry out conceptual design studies producing design schemes and
deliverables such as design philosophies. Pressure regime and clean
• Carry out detailed engineering including preparation of calculations
and drawings for Cell Culture,Fill & Finnish,HEPA Filter integrity. Clean
Room design and qualification. BSL Labs , with pressure regime and
fume cupboard air flow design and BMS management.
• Review submissions and installations for compliance with design intent
and good engineering practice including GDP and cGMP, being
resident on a construction site for short periods as required for
construction assistance. Design of HVAC, clean & black utilities, quality
water, chilled water. Familiar in Hevacomp computer program and of
centralised gas systems, centralised fume cupboard exhaust systems,
climate rooms, cold rooms, pilot plant local extract points using flexible
arms, vacuum pumps, small bore ducts(LEV), steam water supplies,
demineralised water, instrument air, autoclaves ,chemical cupboards
& BMS. Familiar with HVAC validation and commissioning protocols
(DQ,IQ,OQ & PQ)
• Witness commissioning activities, trials and factory acceptance tests for
compliance with design intent and good engineering practice.
• Provide support to proposals as required.
• Liaise and coordinate with other disciplines within the UK offices, and
other PM Group offices.
• Manage the Mechanical Building Services input to projects, including
the production of deliverables on time, and the efficient and lean use of
• Degree in Building Services Engineering, or related discipline, or
• Membership of the CIBSE (to Chartered level) highly desirable.
Minimum requirement is the ability and willingness to join the CIBSE
with a view to reaching Chartered Engineer.
• Demonstrated capability and experience in Building Services Design -
experience in Pharmaceutical, Food and Energy projects is at
• Working knowledge of BREEAM, LEED and related concepts desirable.
• Familiar with and having worked with the following documents: BS EN
1822-2:2009, Health and Safety Advisory committee document ACDP
including management, design, operation of microbiological
containment laboratories & BSL Standards.
• Knowledge of energy generation and distribution systems desirable.
• 10+ years experience
• Ability to play a positive role in multi-discipline teams
• Professional approach and demeanour. A strong ethical approach to
safety, quality, environmental protection and business.
• Demonstrable ability to communicate effectively with clients and peers
at all levels