|Job Ref:||203832020||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Greenford||Address:||Post Code:||UB6||Post Date:||10/10/2016 18:51|
Senior / Principal Firmware (FPGA) Engineer|
Ultra Electronics, Communication & Integrated Systems (Ultra CIS) is one of the larger UK based Ultra businesses and is operationally run as four business units: AEP, Information Assurance, Secure Communications and Surveillance & Security Systems. These business units are underpinned by a shared services structure which incorporates finance, HR, operations and communications. Across Ultra CIS we provide encryption, network protection, automated payments, tactical and commercial communications and telemetry systems, covert and mobile surveillance systems and situational awareness technology to defence, public sector and commercial customers worldwide.
Please note that this role can be based in our Greenford or Gloucester office.
To define the requirements for, design, implement and test FPGA Firmware code; to undertake related assigned tasks e.g. produce documentation; to undertake Firmware planning and estimating tasks.
Scope / dimensions:
Responsible for complex design and development tasks.
- Applies and adapts a variety of engineering methods and techniques as necessary to create solutions.
- Present proposals; clearly and constructively debates input from others; shares knowledge willingly.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Proficient in FPGA Firmware VHDL development for Xilinx Zynq SoCs and Spartan 6 FPGAs.
- Proficient in Firmware development using Mentor Graphics ModelSim and Precision, Xilinx ISE and Vivado.
- Proficient in the implementation of Firmware that interfaces to hardware and software.
- Ability to work in and communicate effectively with multi-disciplinary teams including Systems, Software and Hardware Engineers.
- Generates high quality and robust Firmware designs to meet the Firmware and Systems requirements.
- Proficient the in full engineering development life cycle; adheres to strict Firmware design processes.
- Implements Firmware in accordance with required coding standards; ensures that all code is commented and documented to an appropriate level.
- Determines and publishes the appropriate test strategy for the Firmware; ensures that implemented functionality is confirmed in accordance with that Validation and Verification strategy.
- Proficient in the ability to produce FPGA architectures and design artifacts from System specifications.
- Proficient in FPGA development using VHDL.
- Proficient in using the FPGA following tools: Mentor Graphics ModelSim and Precision, Xilinx ISE and Vivado.
- Proficient in FPGA timing constraint implementation and timing closure.
- Proficient in FPGA verification and implementing high level self-checking testbenches.
- Ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team including Systems, Software and Hardware Engineers.
- Experience with TCP/IP and implementing Ethernet MAC controllers in FPGAs.
- Experience developing for Xilinx Spartan 6 FPGAs and Xilinx Zynq SoCs.
Desirable Experience of:
- Cryptography and cryptographic devices.
- Experience of UK High Grade cryptography and evaluation.
- Degree in Engineering or Computer Science, or equivalent industrial experience