|Job Ref:||204279308||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Leicestershire||City:||Leicester||Address:||Post Code:||LE1||Salary:||£30000 - £31000/annum Plus O/T and pension etc||Post Date:||11/10/2016 09:04|
JOB TITLE Maintenance Tech Multiskilled (Nights)
REPORTING TO Engineering Manager
The role holder will effectively work in a team of multi-skilled staff at the Facility to deliver all engineering and operational aspects of the facility. The role holder will be responsible for driving plant availability, yields and quality whilst driving continuous improvement initiatives, ensuring health & safety and environmental compliance.
The role holder will be a strategic thinker with an engineering background capable of driving operations whilst working closely with engineering to deliver best in class performance.
The role is shift based with a specified rotating shift pattern as follows:
18:45pm - 6:00am, 45 hours per week: Mon - Thurs / Tues - Fri, rotating shifts
- Electro-Mechanical engineering qualification NVQ Level 2 minimum with Relevant Experience
- Man management experience
- Good communicator and leadership
- Process minded
- Pro-active (will go the extra mile)
- Drive and determination
- Team player
- Flexible hands on approach
1. Ensure health and safety of all the staff on shift with a target of zero accidents & LTA's.
2. 95% adherence to Club Zero for all staff.
3. Ensure all accidents, incidents and near misses are reported immediately.
1. Drive engineering team in line with Engineering Manager/Supervisor and pursue daily engineering issues that affect production and plant availability.
2. Take responsibility for day-to-day engineering functions
3. Take ownership through planning and execution of site PPM's in line with priorities and operational requirements
4. Take ownership of and communicate stock usage
5. Plan activities in line with Engineering Supervisor to pre-empt stock, labour and minimise operational disruptions
6. Respond to reactive breakdowns in a timely manner to minimise downtime
7. Ensure shift handovers and reports are completed effectively and communicated on a daily basis
8. Manage engineering documents (PPM's, excel stock ordering, etc)
9. Ensure team members and contractors are briefed, trained and are completing their duties as required.
1. Drive site KPI's daily through engineering and operations teams: availability, efficiency, throughput, end products, etc
2. Develop, train and share knowledge with staff in order to improve skills
3. Ensure housekeeping is maintained to high standards
4. Ensure all holidays are booked in advance as per company policy.
1. Ensure compliance with all Company policies, processes and procedures. Keep abreast of changes to health & safety and environmental legislation and Company policies to ensure defined standards and best practice are implemented.
1. To carry out any other such reasonable job related tasks as the Company may require.
2. Drive a culture of continuous improvement and teamwork in line with company values