|Job Ref:||204279337||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Leicestershire||City:||Leicester||Address:||Post Code:||LE1||Salary:||£33000/annum Plus O/T and pension etc||Post Date:||11/10/2016 09:04|
JOB TITLE Multi-Skilled Maintenance Technician
DEPARTMENT Technical Operations
REPORTING TO Engineering Manager
The role holder will effectively drive engineering activities at our facility to deliver all operational aspects of the facility. The role holder will be responsible for driving plant availability through ensuring all PPM's, reactive maintenance, engineering and process improvements are carried out and implemented in a timely manner. The role holder will drive best practice on a daily basis through high engineering, compliance and H&S standards.
The role is shift based with a specified shift pattern as follows:
- 18:00 - 06:00, 45 hours per week: Mon - Thurs
(* Engineer may be required to change shift as required in line with company requirements)
- Electrical/ Mechanical engineering qualification NVQ Level 3 minimum or NVQ Level 2 with relevant experience
- Process minded
- Good communicator and leadership
- Pro-active (will go the extra mile)
- Drive and determination
- Team player
- Flexible hands on approach
1. Ensure health and safety of all the staff on shift with a target of zero accidents & LTA's.
2. 95% adherence to Club Zero for all staff.
3. Ensure all accidents, incidents and near misses are reported immediately.
1. Drive engineering team in line with Engineering Supervisor and pursue daily engineering issues that affect production and plant availability.
2. Take responsibility for day-to-day engineering functions
3. Plan and execute site PPM's in line with priorities and operational requirements
4. Take ownership of and communicate stock usage
5. Plan activities in line with Engineering Supervisor to pre-empt stock, labour and minimise operational disruptions
6. Respond to reactive breakdowns in a timely manner to minimise downtime
7. Ensure shift handovers and reports are completed effectively and communicated on a daily basis
8. Manage engineering documents (PPM's, excel stock ordering, etc)
9. Ensure team members and contractors are briefed, trained and are completing their duties as required.
1. Drive site KPI's daily through engineering and operations teams: availability, efficiency, throughput, end products, etc
2. Develop, train and share knowledge with staff in order to improve skills
3. Ensure housekeeping is maintained to high standards
4. Ensure all holidays are booked in advance as per company policy.
1. Ensure compliance with all Company policies, processes and procedures.
1. To carry out any other such reasonable job related tasks as the Company may require.
2. Drive a culture of continuous improvement and teamwork in line with company values