|Job Ref:||204280614||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Surrey||City:||Dorking||Address:||Post Code:||RH4||Salary:||£27000 - £35000/annum plus Benefits||Post Date:||11/10/2016 09:04|
We currently have a vacancy for a suitably qualified LGV Fitter/Technician to maintain and repair our fleet of vehicles to the legislative, safe and roadworthy standards in line with our operator's licence. |
The required maintenance specification associated to this role is - the repair of waste handling equipment, including electrical, hydraulic and pneumatic systems.
Main Duties include:
• Servicing - Preventative and repair maintenance.
• MOT - Preparations and presentation.
• Defects - Repair, and if required attend breakdowns.
• Fault Diagnosis - Diagnose and rectification.
• Housekeeping - Maintain tidiness and cleanliness of workshop at all times.
• Compliance - At all times exceed minimum standards required by HSE, DVSA and Company.
• Records - Complete service and repair documentation and in accordance with legislative and company requirements.
The following skills and experience would be desirable for this role, however if required certain elements could be attained via company training and development.
• Apprentice trained through a recognised apprenticeship or time served within the motor vehicle industry.
• Achieved Technician status through IRTEC examination (desirable).
• Class C LGV Licence (desirable).
• Previous experience of servicing, maintaining and repairing vehicles to meet current legislative standards.
• Previous experience of maintaining and repairing waste handling equipment, including the overhaul of electrical hydraulic and pneumatic systems.
• Previous experience of completing service and repair documentation and records to meet required standards.
• Understanding of vehicle and body electrical, hydraulic and pneumatic systems.
• Up to date knowledge of basic health and safety legislation and practice and VOSA requirements
• Excellent customer service skills.
• Well-developed interpersonal skills.
• Good organisational and multi-tasking skills.
• Be self-motivated and be able to work both individually or as part of a small team.
• Willingness to work flexibly.
• Ability to work safely in a physically demanding role.
• Ability to respond positively to ongoing challenges in a dynamic operational environment.
In return we offer to the fortunate candidate the following benefits:
• Competitive rates of pay.
• Company pension scheme.
• 28 days annual leave (inclusive of bank holidays/lieu days).
• Training and development.
• Range of personal benefits