|Job Ref:||204283662||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Bedfordshire||City:||Bedfordshire||Address:||Post Code:||SG15||Post Date:||30/09/2016 02:09|
Senior Design Development Engineer|
Based in Bedfordshire
Job ref: EG/31933
Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Our client is an industry leader in the development, design and manufacture of plastic packaging. They have a passion for innovation and finding 'game changing' solutions that revolutionise product performance. In addition, the company focus strongly on sustainability, material efficiency and ensuring their processes and products are 'eco-friendly'. As a true global operation, they have facilities located in the UK, Eastern Europe and Scandinavia, with interests and client relations across the globe.
The role is hands on and highly technical, with a responsibility to create product designs that fulfil customer's needs, across packaging sectors.
• Act as project leaders, following the company development process with responsibility to work with sales/marketing, operations and finance to design and develop the project.
• Responsibility to complete documentation and get approval before moving through gates.
• Responsible for conducting FMEA (design/ process) and getting agreement of what testing is required, coordinating with the laboratories and external parties.
• Responsibility to CAD ideas, attend line trials, customer meetings as required.
• Responsible to communicate all risks and delays to senior management, following the agreed communication routes.
• Responsibility to help maintain the CAD system and insure all document is kept up to date
• Responsibility to insure all food conformity documentation is completed.
• Ability to CAD designs or previous experience in this area
• Proven track record for designing/developing products from concept to shelf (sold)
• Experience in 2 stage PET manufacture desirable
• Experience in conducting FMEA and leading large groups
• Experience in Finite Eliminate Analysis modelling desirable
• Experience in CSD (carbonated beverages), beer, wine is desirable
• All candidates should be trained and have the required certificates.
• Innovative character with the ability to 'think outside the box'
• Strong engineering background preferably in mechanical engineering, plastics
For EU roles, candidates must be eligible to work and live in the European Union.
Proof of eligibility will be required with your application.
Listgrove Ltd - Celebrating 40 Successful Years of UK and International Recruitment and HR Services
PLASTICS - PETROCHEMICALS - PACKAGING - CHEMICALS - ENERGY - ENVIRONMENT
Listgrove Limited Registered in England No: 1197713
Visit us at the following exhibitions: Arabplast 2015, NPE 2015, Elmia 2015, PlastMilan 2015, Chinaplast 2015, Plastpol 2015, PDM & PSS 2015, Kunststoffen 2015, Fakuma 2015, Scanpack 2015, Advanced Engineering 2015
Follow us on: LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Google+,Blogger, Pinterest -
Member of: British Plastics Federation Business Support Network; The Packaging Federation; Society of Plastic Engineers